ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Pics - Finally- Somebody give the girl a medal!

Ok so, I was really upset that I forgot to pack my camara USB cord on Saturday, but what can you expect from a gal who's been up for 22 hours straight? So I finished my sweater Saturday, Feb 25th and ahead of schedule! Let me just pat myself on the back. This was quite an accommplishment for a relatively new knitter (1.5 years on and off). Of course, now I need every chance I get so I have gained experience and some speed now.

So, my inspiration was the Shawl-collared pullover from VK 05, but I ended up creating my own version of the pattern.

1. I knit it entirely in the round from the bottom up. A first for me.
2. I learned a provisional cast-on for the sleeves which I also had never attempted before.
3. I changed the placket entirely. I didn't make it as deep and did not knit it as the pattern stated. I knitted the collar in one piece by picking up stitches all the way around.

All in all, I think it turned out quite well. I used Adrienne Vittadini "Trina" in a buttery yellow collar on various sizes of US Size 8 Addi Turbos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home