ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

How lucky am I...

...to have the best of both worlds? This is my Mom. My biggest supporter, biggest knitting cheerleader, biggest cheerleader in general, person I can talk to, calls Cartman and Annie her grand-dogs, loves my husband unconditionally, supported me in my "awkward" teenage years, gave sacrifices so I can have an education, we double-date for dinner with our husbands, has a sense of humor that goes far behind what most of the outside world knows, taught me how to treat others, how to love animals, how to be spirited but retain my social grace, and brought me into this world after how many hours of labor Mom? Trust me, I should know this. I am reminded when she intends to give me hell.
Only my Mom would let me teach her to do "rock fist" in a pirate hat I made full knowing it was going to get plastered on my blog. See..she is really funny too.
These are my parents. My mother is literally a mother to all, including my Dad below. My Dad obviously picked a gem. I don't know a soul that doesn't like my mother. She wouldn't hurt a fly. She's always thoughtful.
On the flip side of this coin, a daughter's a daughter for life, but a son's a son until he gets a wife. Remember that old adage? Not true for me. I am one of the lucky ones to be able to go hang out at dinner with my husband, my SIL, and my MIL at dinner AT LEAST once a week, craft on the back deck, and even go to Disney (my MIL, SIL, and myself) and have the time of our lives.
To be welcomed and loved is a gift.
For them it's Mother's Day, but for me it's more like Thanksgiving.
Happy Mother's Day!
To all of my blog friends and readers, Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Your mom is SO CUTE!!! You can just see her great personality coming through on the photos. How great that you have a fabulous MIL as well - I am lucky in this regard too!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Milly said...

Your mother sounds like a beautiful person! You are very lucky and how wonderful to be so close your your in-laws as well!

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Aysel said...

Happy Mother Day to your mom from istanbul, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home