ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

FO- Urban Aran Cardigan

Finally something to show for my hiatus, right? I present the Urban Aran Cardigan. Unfortunately, this is the un-modelled version. I need to take time to do that. I will at some point before the weekend is up. In the meantime, please enjoy the arbitrary on-the-deck picture. Ahem.

Pattern: Patons Urban Aran
Started: January 17, 2008
Finished: April 8, 2008
Yarn: 16 balls of Elann Peruvian Highland Chunky
Needles: Size 10, 10.5, 7
Recipient: ME!
Modifications: Cardiganized

Now you will notice that the zipper is nicely done, no? That's because I didn't do it. Honest answer, right? Trust me, I'm not spending all this time knitting cables for me to screw it up by installing my zipper. It was worth the 8 bucks.
On a separate note, is it possible to love an appliance so much that you miss it when you can't cook? My new boyfriend is this new convection oven. It has 5 burners (with an extra griddle) of cast iron and 2 ovens with separate temperature control and convection.
Sorry for the blurry pictures. Another side note, RIP Magknits. Go over to the website and you can see what I'm talking about.

5 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Love the sweater and can't wait to see the modeled photos! I think you can love an appliance that much.

I don't think I really ever cared if magknits was around. I only ever went there a couple of times and almost never remembered what I'd seen later.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Robin said...

That sweater is GREAT! I can't wait to see what it looks like on. I love me some immediate gratification knits so I may make this one.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

I love this pattern! You made an amazing job. And I must say that your kitchen is to die for!

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Aim said...

Your sweater rocks!

Hey, Sharon, I tagged you for a meme. Come to my blog and see what it is....

bumpydoink.blogspot.com

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Beautiful job! Who did the zipper for you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home