ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

FO- Juliet

I'm quite the blogging slacker these days. Man, there is so much going on lately at work. I can't even tell you. My head is still spinning from vacation. I came back after only 4 days gone to a very, very large project award for $$, $$$, $$$. yeah that much. So I've been trying to get my ducks in a row. The knitting front has be snail's pace. I am done the urban aran cardigan. She is blocking and patiently waiting for her zipper-inept creator to take her to the seamstress and get that puppy sewn in. Yes, you heard right. I am a zipper slacker and proud of it. My friend, Kelley, and I have completely resigned ourselves to believe that we are the suckiest zipper installers of the knitworld. We shall knit, but zipper installment will be left to the professionals this time.
So remember that little snippet of glorious, mindless garter stitch? The only person to guess right the first time was Robin over at YarnCrawl. I am thrilled to say I used up 6 skeins of long-neglected alpaca in the stash.


Pattern: Juliet by the Zephyr Girls
Yarn: 6 skeins of Frog Tree Andean Alpaca Regal
Needles: Size 10
Recipient: Me
Started: February 16, 2008
Finished: February 20, 2008
Mods?: Not one. The pattern is very well-written. The fit is nice although I cannot seem to take a decent picture in it. I look like the ballerina hippo from Fantasia in this picture. It's terribly annoying. Trust me though, it looks much better on in person.

There is also some yarn I neglected to tell you all about. This has been sitting around for blogging for quite some time now. The word of the day is TWEED.

This is some Rowan Rowanspun DK in a lovely color called "Catkin". The yardage is at a very generous 219 yards of which I own 10 hanks.

The next lovely below is some fine Irish Tweed. Kilcarra Aran Tweed to be exact. It's a rich charcoal color with some blue undertones and flecks of burgundy, black and blue. I have 1660 yards for Debbie Bliss's Killybegs from the Donegal Tweed collection. Welp, it's almost my witching hour. I'm off to do a wee bit of knitting before bed.

6 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

ooooh I have serious tweed envy! ;)

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Your Juliet looks so good on you!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Bea said...

I think the juliet looks really good. I love those new yarns.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Juliet must be a popular pattern. It looks very nice. I saw another one yesterday although I cant remember who knit it. I love the tweed, and I have the Catkin too, although I have not knit it up as yet. What are your plans for it.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger KubusKrafts said...

Her name is Hyacinth Hippo. I know that there is something not quite right about me knowing that piece of information.

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

Juliet looks great on you! New yarn looks very pretty! Can't wait to see what will come out of them ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home