ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm back and having Guinness withdrawal

Well hello all! I hope everyone is well. I must say that I just returned from one of the best vacations I've ever had. I'll tell you why...NO ITINERARY. Now normally an itinerary is in order for most vacations, but this time it was all about feel. I didn't have to be anywhere at anytime and enjoyed myself to the full. My reflux problems were completely gone by day 1. (Can we say anxiety folks?) We went where the wind blew us for the day. The only plan was to stay in Miltown for at least 4 days to reconnect with some old friends and our adopted Irish Dad. I'm in the process of gathering all of the pictures to share between my friend, Wendy and myself. This time we flew into Dublin and drove to Donegal town. Took in some sites there and drove south to Galway and made some lovely new friends. Then it was on to a place where I feel the most at home, Miltown Malbay. We even extended our stay an extra day there just because we love the people so much.
So since I wasn't able to get some modelled shots of the Urban Aran Cardigan before I left, here is a picture of the Urban in action at the pub. The Guinness was like filet mignon. It's always so much better than it can be poured anywhere else.
This is me with my friend, Wendy (aka Tornado as she was referred by the end of our trip) and our new friend, Aisling, who is just lovely.
More to come. I just wanted to say hi and I'm back. Oh prepare yourselves, for the fiber acquisitions. Yes, yes tweedy, fibery goodness.

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Thea said...

sounds awesome - and the urban aran looks pretty comfy in a rural bar....

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Welcome back! The cardigan looks wonderful. I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

welcome back! It sounds like just what you needed!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Aysel said...

Great sweater! The color is so nice. It looks you had a great time. By the way, you look amazing !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home