ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Perfect Birthday Cake for a Knitter

You can't get any more perfect of a cake for a die-hard knitter than this.....a ball of yarn and knitting needles. My mother-in-law has a reputation for creating specialized birthday cakes in the family and this another one of her creations along with my sister-in-law, Tammy. Tell me, do I not have the best mother-in-law and sister-in-law? How cool is this? I got my cake 2 days early today since "the pants" is going on a fishing trip starting Monday and they wanted him to be around for the present and cake. Present is tomorrow I understand. Hmmmmm I'm in suspense.
This is a yellow cake from a bowl-shaped mold. It was frosted and then they used "Red Vine" licorice strings to make the yarn ball. Some chopsticks for knitting needles and voila, a knitter's cake.
If you'd like to see some more of my mother-in-law's awesome cakes, take a trip over to kubuskrafts and take a look at my sister-in-law's blog. She posted the play-by-play making of this one. She also posted pictures of some previous masterpieces, including the pirate ship my MIL and I did for Tammy's birthday in February and Dorothy's Ruby Slippers they did for me a few years ago. There were a lot of picking out yellow skittles for my yellow brick road.
BTW, Tammy just rec'd her Ravelry invite today. Her username is the same as her blog. Drop by and say hi to her won't you? You know that whole warm fuzzy Ravelry welcome wagon?
Thanks Mom and Tammy for my cake! I lerve it!

4 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger Thea said...

o my god! that's fabulous!! Happy Birthday - can't wait to see what kind of present you're getting too....

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

thats awesome!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Jerry said...

What an awesome cake! I hope you had a great day!

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

HAPPY BIRTHAY. That cake is beautiful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home