ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Ye Best Be Talkin' Like a Pirate, Mate

I am taking a much-needed afternoon break to say Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day!!!!! Ye best be talkin' like a pirate today mate sez Cap'n Jack Sparrow.

Jack was in a jovial mood today so I actually got him to stand next to Captain Morgan. There was a bit of scoffing, but he did it for me. Jack would like to remind you all... "It's Cap'n. Cap'n Sparrow...I be the greatest pirate in ....in....in all the whole world, love. Morgan is a scallywag. I be settin' Jones' terrible beastie on the hunt if I was scared for me own hide. That Scungilli...fishface."

You wouldn't have thought they weren't best mates shortly thereafter. Jack cozied up to the rum pretty quick. It was a rough afternoon on the island.
"The undead monkey is in me rum again. Where's me pistol? I want to shoot it..AGAIN. What's the use of shootin' the thing. It's undead....still. Tia Dalma didn't even want the beastie.
So once Jack be passed out from the rum, I be sneakin' off to knit sez I. Progress on me mum's sweater, Ms. Lush and Lacy. That sounds to be the name of pleasurable company sez I, but never mix with rum or ye be makin' it walk the plank.
Me and the Cap'n are going to go find more spirits today of the rum variety after we set sail on the Pearl. I be knittin' a mean sweater mate. Even me favorite captain thinks so.

4 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger KubusKrafts said...

Best be laying off the rum some so that you can finish. I know that Cap'n Jack is your fav however, I might be leaning toward Cap' Morgan a bit more

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Arrrghh! That be a seaworthy sweater. Argh reminds me of the coral by davy jones locker. Arrgghh. Best not mix the rum and the knitting. Arrghh!
I wonder if Pirate talk is a mild form of Tourette's Syndrome. Arrghh!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

LOL Pearl looks lovely!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

You crack me up!! Great post!

Cute sweater too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home