ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Ravelympics 2008- Holy Knitballs! Defends her 2006 Gold Medal! Unbelievable!


Announcer screaming, "And she does it! OMG! One-one hundredth of a second at 3:30 AM EST on August 24, 2008. She does it! She defends her 2006 gold medal! Unbelievable! Sharon has done it for Team Obama and Team CESOB!"

Pattern: Silver Belle by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: 15 balls of Filatura Di Crosa 501
Needles: Size 8 Addis
Started: August 8, 2008
Finished: August 24, 2008
Mods: Left the color off but thinking I'm not liking it. I think maybe I will do a cable band if I still don't like it later.


Defending my 2006 Gold Medal

And now Bobicus Maximus Costas is on the floor, interviewing defending gold medalist, Sharon (aka Holy Knitballs!).


Bobicus: Sharon you have beat the odds and defending your 2006 gold medal. How did you do it?



Sharon: *out of breath from finishing* Well, Bob, I tried to maintain my focus and keep my pace conservative until the last 500 meters. Then I kicked it in and gave it all I had left.



Bobicus: Do you feel you ran a clean Sweater Sprint and Steeplechase?



Sharon: I gave 100%, but I did have a few errors where I lost time such as a miss-crossed cable and weaving in all of the ends. I could have had a better time, but I still broke my former record in this game. I also increased my degree of difficulty for this Ravelympics and chose an all-over cabled sweater.



Bobicus: Do you think you chose too hard of a project?



Sharon: No, Bob. I didn't want to choose something I could finish in 1 day. I would be cheating myself and not challenging myself for these games.



Bobicus: Well, congratulations on your consecutive gold medals. I expect we will see your face on the front of Addi Turbos packets everywhere real soon.



Sharon: Thanks Bob. *waves at cheering USA fans*


Reporter from crowd yells, "Sharon, you just won 2 gold medals at these games. What are you going to do now?"



Sharon: *yells*. I'm going to RHINEBECK!!! (what? you'd thought I'd say Disneyland?)


*Crowd goes nuts*

12 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Cute! I think it looks great. I am super impressed that you can knit a sweater that fast. Wow.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Thea said...

can I have your autograph at Rhinebeck??

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger KubusKrafts said...

I like it! And I like it even without the collar! Congrats!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Annie said...

Wow. Just wow. SO is this doing double duty as your Rhinebeck sweater, or is there more to look forward to? Rhinebeck here we come!

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Congrats! You win gold and your sweater is gorgeous!! Now the count down to Rhinebeck begins.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Robin said...

WOW! You are amazing!! I love it, and I think the color is beautiful!

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sweater! Knit that fast? I'm impressed.

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! beautiful result.

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Congratulations!!! It's absolutely gorgeous!! Hope to see it in person real soon. :)

 
At 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats and absolutely beautiful!

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Congrats on getting your gold! This was a very impressive attempt, and I'm so glad you succeeded!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home