ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

FO: Hippy Chic Tunic!

It's done. Finally. This was my SnB project to tote around since it was all stockinette and garter stitch, but it's been around since January so it was time to come off of the needles already. My goal was to have it done before the Ravelympics and I finished it on Monday. I was really cranking the sleeves out and seamed that baby at 1AM in the morning, because IT WAS GETTING DONE. Period.


Pattern: Hippy Chic Tunic by Norah Gaughan
(it's an older pattern for the Reynolds Odessey pattern support)
Yarn: 15 balls Jojoland Melody (held double)
Needles: Size 7 and 4 addi turbos
Started: January 10, 2008
Finished: August 4, 2008
Modifications: I modified the body to knit in the round. I also knit the sleeves in the round via magic loop (which I now love). I knit the body an inch longer and extended the garter stitch edge by a half inch. All photos courtesy of my awesome SIL.
Half-hearted smile. Not feeling so good in these pictures.

I am really please with how it turned out. It's a simple, cozy tunic that is sure to get a ton of wear in the colder months. The colors are really nice in this yarn too. The impact of the bright green and purple is very nice against the rest of the subtly plied color throughout the yarn.

Here is the close-up of the placket. It's very casual and comfy.
And I happen to love garter stitch so I liked doing the placket, cuffs and body edge to break up the stockinette. Overall, the pattern was clear and very well-written.
Winner winner chicken dinner. This will get packed for another month now until it can be worn.

12 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Thea said...

love it - gorgeous colors and what a great neckline. The yarn looks cozy too - just a few months, don't pack it too deep in the closet!

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colours of this one! The yarn looks delicious and the neckline works well! Keep it up!

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great--I love how the neckline looks, and I already told you how pretty I thought the yarn was. Great job!

Now, what are you going to do with yourself until the Olympic torch is lit on Friday??

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

It looks great on you! well done!

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Beautiful! I really love the neckline!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Nic said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely. And the sweater's nice too. (Hee hee) Well done. This is going in my Ravelry queue right now!

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger CrazyFiberLady said...

Absolutely beautiful! Looks great too. Good use for that yarn.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Robin said...

That is really cute! I have some variegated yarn to use up too, and it looks like a great pattern for it!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

It looks great on you! Wow, it's really only a month until sweater season?

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Yeah! Lovely sweater & it looks awesome on you. I love garter stitch cuffs and edging and that yarn knows how to work the garter stitch. Shhaa-weet!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Annie said...

It really is lovely!

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colors on this one! Looks absolutely great!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home