ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Retro Rewind Fridays

Thank you to everyone for your vote of confidence on the Ravelympics sweater. I promise to give you as many updates as I can when I need to give the wrists a bit of a rest. As always on this blog, there will be some goofy posts lined up.
So I suppose you took notice of today's blog title? Well, I have had such a darn good time with the 80s meme and looking back at things from my childhood and teenage years that I decided to make every Friday's post fun with a little retro tidbit. It will most likely include a song and a pop culture tidbit. By nature, I am a very nostalgic person. Most of you have seen this as I ooze over my favorite places in Ireland. LOL. I enjoyed digging up some of this stuff so much, I thought I would add a little something every week for fun. It could be from the 80s or 90s. Don't get me wrong, I adore the 70s, but I was pretty young for the later half of that decade so most of the 70s memories was really captured as I got a little older in the 80s. It's always fun to have that "I remember that!" reaction to things you haven't seen or heard in 20 years.

So how about this little retro slice?


Bring a certain movie to mind? It should. "Holiday Road" was the theme song to 1983's National Lampoon's Vacation with Chevy Chase, Beverly D'Angelo, Randy Quaid, John Candy, Anthony Michael Hall, and a host of other movie stars of the era.It also happens to be written and performed by Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac and Buckingham Nicks fame. Truth be told, one of my favorite solo Buckingham songs of the era.
Remember these 'legs' perhaps? They are the model legs of a girl in the ZZ Top video. I think this video began the lace bobby sock with reds stilettos craze for the "trashy tramp next door" look or shall I say popular form of the word "bimbo" in the 80s, "Bimbette".

Oh and before I forget, can you help a sister out and go over for here vote in my SIL's poll? She needs some opinions on projects. There is a poll on the right hand side of her blog and, while you are at it, drop her a comment and say "allo".


Happy Friday Everyone! Enjoy the weekend. I will be on a finishing frenzy to get off sleeve island...finally.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Believe it or not, I've never seen the video for Holidya Road before. Lindsay Buckingham looks like he's trying real hard to be all new wave and adapt to the 80s. We watched Nat Lampoon Vacation on tv afew weeks ago. It's a classic.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger R a i n said...

HI there...it's been forever!! I hope you're well. Been trying to catch up with all the blog posts I've missed!!!

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home