ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Friday, July 11, 2008

I Shit You Not

My friends, I would not lie about this. Guess who had a sushi roll named after them? You see the Sharon and Roland Roll on there? Yes, folks that would be my husband, Roland and I. (Sorry for the post title. I'm way too excited about this).

We walked into our favorite Japanese fusion restaurant tonight and I thought the owner was going to burst into flames when he saw us. He said we have new specials you really need to look at tonight and there we were in bold print for the entire sushi-eating community in Hamilton to see. He decided to put his best customers on the menu with rolls named in our honor. It is our favorite roll from a restaurant we used to go to where the sushi chef was from originally. He still makes it for us here with a slight variation. The waiters and waitresses all know us and saw the new menu for the first time tonight too. They came right over to our table to see what we thought of it. My parents walked in shortly later and were stunned to see our names when they looked at the specials.

So the idiot that I am was so excited over the menu that I forgot to take a picture of the actual roll. *smacks forehead* Ugh! So the roll is cold lobster salad with rice in a soybean wrapper with a steamed, butterflied shrimp, a sliver of mango, and yummy mango sauce drizzled on top. We are sushi and we are quite tasty. We were very popular in the restaurant tonight, both the human and sushi form.

Things to do before you die:
Go to Ireland - CHECK

Go to North Africa - CHECK

Have a sushi roll named after you - CHECK

Who knew? Now if I can just morph myself into chocolate cake and an umbrella drink, I'd be set.

5 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Bea said...

That is really freakin awesome. Wow.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Kim said...

You guys are stars! The roll sounds delish. If I ever get down to Hamilton, I want to try that roll. I could live on lobster & mango.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Adee aka kiwigirl42 said...

no way! you can die happy now. pity it wasn't a knitted roll lol!

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Congrats!! I have the Robin Roll named for me at Momotaro, one of our sushi haunts!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I think that was worth the *beep* in the title. I would have your next party there, so everyone can bask in your glory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home