ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Friday, July 04, 2008

FO- February Lady Sweater

Meet Miss February. She is one of my most favorite sweaters to date in the same category with my Tilted Duster and Drops Swing Jacket. I can't say enough good things about the pattern and the yarn.

Pattern: February Lady Sweater by Pam Wynne of Flintknits
Yarn: 3.5 hanks Dream in Color Classy- Happy Forest
Needles: Size 8 and 10 addis
Started: 6/14/08
Finished: 7/3/08
Recipient: Me
Mods: used Kfb instead of M1 for the raglan increases. It's only a preference thing for me, but all of the increase methods of seen used on this sweater look very nice.

The photos are all courtesy of my super SIL, Tammy, who was working her butt off on the front landscaping of her house, to take a short break and help me get some photos for you today.
Here's a really nice close-up of the lace detail. The lace is called the "Gull Stitch Lace" pattern.
If this sweater looks vaguely familiar to you, it is. Flintknits created an adult version of Elizabeth Zimmerman's February Baby Sweater, but in her words, "to fit a grown-ass woman". True dat.
Blocking this sweater was a nail biting experience for me last night. I was so afraid that I had stretched this sucker too big. I wanted to block it slightly longer, but I thought maybe I overdid it when I was drying it last night. Another thing is I was a little upset about the wooden buttons. After the sweater was blocked, I realized the cherry wood colored stain on the buttons was rubbing right off from being wet. I've used wooden buttons many times before, it's my preference. I never thought I would have to worry about the finish. It's really not that noticeable, except I know it's there. I think I may replace the stained wood buttons with something bigger and with a good polyurethane. Update: I got myself some new buttons.
So you have all heard me gush profusely about my crush on Dream in Color Classy. I suggest you run out and get yourself some. It's a dream. I think I will have to stash some more of this as it will be a staple.

I hope everyone had a nice 4th of July. I'm off to finish my first sock in a really, really long time. *shocker* My bulldog is losing his mind over the fireworks. Time for the doggie-downers to come out. I rarely have to use them except on the 4th of July, New Year's Eve, or a really wicked thunderstorm. Poor dog. Annie doesn't even know what's going on.

Toodles.

12 Comments:

At 3:29 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I have to say that sweater looks gorgeous and the color is wonderful, my most favourite. It suits your hair too. Pity about the buttons though, you would think they would waterproof.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Love the sweater! It looks really good on you. Perfect color with your hair! I've never seen wooden buttons loose their stain when wet? Very weird.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Dandy said...

your sweater is fab!!!

it's a great color for you!

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO lovely... and the green is perfect for you. I've caught this bug as well.. *sigh*

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger pamela wynne said...

oh, well done! and it looks great on you!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Robin said...

OK, that is GORGEOUS!!! It fits great and that color is beautiful with your hair and coloring! Love it!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Milly said...

Awesome! Nice job!

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I totally love it!!! It looks awesome.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

It looks really great on you. And you finished it up so fast!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Gorgeous!!!! I f-ing love it. I'm a kfb increase kinda gal so I'm glad to see that increase works well too. Bravo!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

KFB - it's the only way to increase! Beautiful, a great green, too. Your knitting speed amazes me - you've knit like 10 sweaters and I'm still on a pair of socks I've been on forever!

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the sweater!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home