ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

FO- Green Gable

Knitter 1
Sleeves 0
I WIN.
It's done finally after a hairy situation with the sleeves. As daring as I am with my scissors, I was almost in tears last night with the sleeves, but I won anyway. All is now right with my knitting world.
Pattern: Vinhevarra-huppari / Green Gable hoodie by the talented Tikru on Ravelry

Yarn: 7 hanks of Araucania Nature Wool Chunky in 134 (bright evergreen)

Needles: Size 11 addis and size 8 addis for the collar
Started: April 10, 2008
Finished: May 31, 2008
Recipient: Me

Mods: I omitted the hoodie. I have too much hair. There is no point of a hoodie for me. I changed to size 8 needles before the short row shaping would start for the hood and knit in pattern to my desired length. Of course, I had to shorten the sleeves and you all know that from the last post. I also used 3 small buttons. I wanted the neck to be almost a high-neck mandarin collar so I wanted the top button up higher. It's still roomie around my neck but it helps the collar stand up straight also.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I am quite the Jolly Green Giant green right now. I like green though so I'm fine with it. The Hubs was saying "Ho Ho Ho" to me from the Green Giant commercials with grew up with on TV as kids because I am so bright green. For my international friends, this is a brand of frozen and canned vegetables. The mascot of the company happens to be a Jack in the Beanstalk type of very, very green giant. Yep. That's me. A green, cabled wool giant. Ok so I also think the Chunky yarn makes me look chunkier.....I'm not little by any means, but I'll be warm when the snow rolls around in 6 months.

Hello. She scared us with her scissors but we are the right size now.

5 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Very cute! Green giant or not. I think it looks great on you. I love the collar mod. It was one of the first things I noticed in the front facing photo. It compliments both your curl haire and you face shape.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I LOVE it! The green the cables! Fabulous!

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Looks great!!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

It's gorgeous! I think the color looks great on you! :)

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! Nicely done, and good mods. Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home