ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Monday, June 09, 2008

I'm melting....

Ugh. 94.6 so far and rising. The gauge for this satellite weather monitor is on the porch....in the shade. My car is reading 101F. I melt in temperatures over 85F. Yuck. It's sticky and gross and I still insist on playing with wool.


Bed Jacket Progress:
I told you I had some pretty lofty ambitions for finishing this thing. Seaming up 9 pieces is no easy task considering the placement of the edging is crucial for how it will lay in the end. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from knitting this. It is a well-written pattern, but it's not an instant gratification process. If you don't like seaming, you can try to modify it to one piece as some have done either successfully or not so much. I chose to knit as it was written.
So now all I have left is to block the body so I can do the picot edge, pop the sleeves in complete with cuff detail and picot edge, embroider a chain stitch, and sew on a button. Somehow, writing that out makes it seem that I haven't gotten too far with it this weekend. I'll be glad when it's done.
This family will be hiding in the AC for the rest of today. The deck shot in the sun nearly burnt my feet through my sandals. Enough of that. It will be ice teas and air conditioning for the rest of today.
Annie and Cartman concur with that plan.
Despite the heat wave, my Clematis went nuts this year in a profuse explosion of pink and white.

My double-flower Columbines are also fairly happy. I really like this color. It's so dark red that it's almost black.
Ok so I'm going to go hide in the AC with my ice tea now before I spontaneously combust. Tomorrow, I've taken the day off to hang out with a friend and we're taking a Peyote beading class at a bead studio in Pennington. Then we might head over to New Hope for the day to have some mojitos and tapas at my favorite eat there. BTW, the bead studio's right next door to Pennington Quilt Works and The Woolly Lamb. Have mercy on my soul. I have gift certificates burning a hole in my pocket. :-S

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Holy Hotness Knitballs! That's hot!
You're clematis are hot too. Mine are just beautiful this year maybe it is the heat. Bad for wool, good for flowers.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger knitfriendly said...

It has been SO hot in the DC area as well. And to top it off, I didn't have AC for TWO days because of a power outage!! Love the jacket - can't wait to see it completed. :)

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Stay cool with those puppies of yours! I went outside for blog pics yesterday myself and nearly melted. Thank goodness it *is* supposed to get better now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home