ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Finished Object Friday- Bed Jacket

I am having a cruddy day at work today so my only enjoyment is to post an FO on my lunch hour. The Bed Jacket, in purgatory from last year, is finally done.

Specs:
Pattern: Bed Jacket from Knitting Lingerie Style
Designer: Joan McGowan-Michael
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes from stash (long time in the stash, actually)
12 skeins in color Tan
Needles: Size 10 Addi Turbo and Size G crochet hook
Started: June 2007
Finished: June 12, 2008
Recipient: Me
Mods: I left off the chain stitch embroidery because (1) I was lazy and (2) didn't think it really needed it. I knit the rest to the book. Overall, I like it, but alas, into storage it goes until the Fall b/c it is too dang hot for wool right now in Jersey. As I also said before, read the directions first, especially if you hate finishing. There is a lot of finishing work on this one, but I think it is elegant and well-worth the effort.


The button is a mother-of-pearl daisy purchased from The Woolly Lamb.

WWKIP (WorldWide Knit in Public) Day is tomorrow, June 14, 2008. Get out your needles or hooks or plastic canvas. Whatever it is that you do with yarn, get out there and stitch proudly in public tomorrow. Show the masses how we are preserving history and culture. Needlework is a universal language bringing many countries and people together by a common thread (no pun intended).
In other words.....STITCH PROUD!

6 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh gosh dear that is just so lovely. I'm ganna have to get that pattern book.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That looks positively beautiful! Good work!

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Very pretty!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

AWESOME FO! It looks and fits perfectly.

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Nic said...

Gorgeous. Great knitting and looks really great on you too. The Knitting Holy Grail - Score!

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Beautiful!! The color is great on you, and the back shot with your hair flowing over the back of it is perfect! What an epic project - esp. with all that finishing - you should be very proud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home