ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Weekend Recap 3 days too late

Trust me. It's only out of pure laziness and crafty progress of epic proportions that I haven't posted in a few days. I will give you my little crafty update though. I attended another beading class and this time it was for the crystal netted cuff. It uses green crystals, brown crystals, chocolate brown size 8 seed beads, and size 15 green itty bitty glass beads that give it the woven netted look on top. It's not a great picture I know. I am quite happy with the result and the toggle clasp I chose. It's green. Yes, I am aware. Did you expect different? The blog IS green and orange afterall.....just sayin'.
Here is a very blurry close-up. Again, pure laziness.

Here is the shocker for the weekend though. I finished a sock and immediately cast on for the mate! Sock love! Finally, a perfectly fitted sock. I must say, I do love my DPNs, but I am so loving on the magic loop. My stitches are more consistent and I fly along a lot quicker. That is my own assessment of myself though, if you are a DPN fan. I guess I was just getting frustrated with the DPN ballet. I failed miserably at my last pair of socks, the ill-fated Monkeys. They came out more like Wigwams. Remember the slouch socks from the 80's? If I pegged my Z.Cavaricci jeans over my monkey socks with my styling preppy loafers, United Colors of Benetton sweatshirt, Jordache purse, and lace fingerless gloves clutching an AquaNet can, I'd be in business again. Alas those days are over, but I reminisce about being the hippie chick with blonde dreads from the Safety Dance video. A girl can dream, right?
Proud, happy, hole-less gussets! Yeah! Ahem, speaking of Hippie folk, I bet you forgot about this one. It's the Hippy Chic Tunic by Norah Gaughn for Reynolds. I am using Jojoland Melody, doubled, that I purchased in excess about 3 years ago. I just finished the front placket and I'm off to sleeve island now.
I didn't plan the colors or anything, but I was surprised how bright the placket is. I think it kind of makes it stick out a bit, but I guess it will grow on me.
I'm going to go take my sleeves to the island. If you need me, I'll be reliving 1983, frolicking on the beach instead of a field with my prairie skirt being all one-hit wonder-like. Hey, maybe I'll find the East India Trading Company's rum runner stash on the island.........and a certain pirate. *swoon* Do pirates like hippie girls singing about safety dances?

7 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kim said...

The Safety Dance! I love that song. The Hippie sweater is so minty and fresh. Me likey. Excellent socks too. I gotta try magic loop. I should also try a beading class. That green bracelet is awesome and will look goo with the hippie sweater.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oooh I LOVE that bracelet! So pretty!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Robin said...

The cuff is really cute! Total blast from the past with the Z.Cavaricci pegged pants and Aqua Net...YIKES!! What were we thinking? We all should post our pictures from that era.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the bracelet from your beading class! :)

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Milly said...

Oh the sock is awesome! I love that colorway!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lesley said...

I thought I had commented before but I guess I didn't. Me am smart.

Of course pirates *love* the Safety Dance-ing hippie chicks. Everyone does, after all. Love the 1983 reference, however, the Z.Cavaricci reference almost made me spit coffee all over my laptop!

I love the Magic Loop too. I use it for sleeves and hats now too. I don't know what we ever did without it!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Jerry said...

The socks look great Shar! Magic Loop is a lot of fun isn't it? I love my DPN's too but ML seems to be "it"...at least for socks. No ladders and much faster.

Reliving 1983??? WAIT!!! TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!! That was the year of Def Leppard and Ozzy!

I like the placket...it looks like a design element that way. Pretty yarn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home