ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

80's Meme - 80's Hair Friday!

Robin and I have been chatting about the 80s along with some of my other friends. The 80s references have been making it into a lot of discussion lately so we came up with a meme. Here we go, dude.HINT: TURN YOUR VOLUME AND CLICK HERERock Me Amadeus - Falco

Peg your Z.Cavarrici's, clutch that industrial size can of Aqua Net, and raise that lighter to the tune of a power ballad. Gnarley! We are going 80s today, people! Show us your 80s hair!

Here are the rules:
1.Expand on the questions as much as you can. It makes it more fun for the rest of us.

2.Show us your hair, whether it be preppy or skyscraper bangs. Post some photos and make it fun. We promise not to laugh, we have them too!

3. If you get the meme from a blog, leave a comment on that person's blog so they can see your responses.

4. Post links to any videos or music from http://www.youtube.com/ or imeem.com to your blog that help you and your readers to relive the 80s.

5. Party like it's 1999.

We are so stoked to see your responses.

Post your 80s hair here!

Giant dork with her colorguard flag for grammar school below. I can still flip a colorguard rifle like nobody's business. One day, I'm hoping that talent will be useful or something. And here we are for the spring social. Yes, this was my first kind-of-sort-of boyfriend....not according to my parents, however. Ahem. I was 13 and welllllll-developed here. What the hell was I thinking with a beaded, cocktail dress? I look like a frickin' flamingo with red hair. *clears throat* yes, his head is spray-painted out on purpose. *snort* Oh for the love of all thing holy......the picture with braces. I realize this is not a clear picture. *cough*. It's probably better that way. I wouldn't want you to cough up your breakfast or anything.

Here are the questions:
1. Preppy or Rocker: Both. Rocker when Mom wasn't looking.

2. Z Cavarricis or Guess Jeans and Espirit or Benetton?: Guess jeans and United Colors of Benetton. I would go to DEB, remember that store? I would score me something Benetton, but my Guess jeans, pegged, of course in front of mom, were purchased at Boscovs over in Oxford Valley. Yes, there actually used to be one there. When mom wasn't lookin', there were lace gloves, black jelly bracelets, flashdance sweatshirts, jeans ripped at the knees, and black cowboy boots. Not to mention the Covergirl skim coat of paint on my face.

2. Favorite Pop song of the 80s: I have a few.....ahem.
"Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats
"Walking Away From" by the Information Society
"Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco
"Beds Are Burning" by Midnight Oil
"Land of Confusion" by Genesis
"A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran (um hello loved his hair!)
"With or Without You" by U2
"Stand Back" by Stevie Nicks
"We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel
"Rosanna" by Toto
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
"Wild, Wild West" and "I'll Be There" both by The Escape Club
"Tom's Diner" Suzanne Vega
"Doctor Doctor" by the Thompson Twins
"Holiday Road" by Lindsay Buckingham
"Free Fallin'" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

3. Most Annoying Pop song of the 80s
"Mickey" by Toni Basil
"Naughty Girls" by Samantha Foxx
"Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (my girl wants to partay all the tayme, partay all the tayme)....Dude stick to acting ok.
"Right Stuff" by New Kids on the Block ( I was so drug kicking and screaming that that concert. Believe me. I didn't own a record nor did I have the Jordan Knight dudee braid).
"She Drives Me Crazy" by the Fine Young Cannibals (that's what it did, it drove me crazy)
"Blame It on the Rain" by Milli Vanilli (....or was it? Ok I hate the folks that actually sang the song).

4. Hair Metal or Heavy Metal- Who was your favorite performer and favorite song?
A little bit of both, but I lean more towards Hair. Mark Slaughter was my major crush so since they formed in 1988. Before that, I took notice of them in the Vinnie Vincent Invasion. Since Stick It To Ya was released in 91, I will say that my favorite metal song of the 80s was probably Fallen Angel by Poison. I love pretty much all of the hair bands that began in the 80s. I would say I didn't start listening to things a little heavier from that era until I met my now husband. (strict parents to which rock music sounded satanic. smell what I'm cookin'?)
Taken in 1998 reliving my 80s dream y'all. The top pick my SIL took of Marc Slaughter and the bottom pic is me with Blando.

ooooh rock of love. harrrrr.

5. What posters were on your bedroom wall or college dorm room?
River Phoenix, the Monkees, the Brat Pack, Tom Cruise a la Top Gun ( he wasn't nuts then), Poison, Warrant, Nelson, Motley Crew, Judd Nelson, John Cusack (still love him) 6. What concerts do you remember most from the 80s?
Don't laugh..... Tiffany and NKOTB. I hated every stinking minute of that concert too.The "rents" wouldn't let me go to rock concerts much. I did see the Damn Yankees in 89 though. I went with a friend's family to see Alabama, who I always liked.

7. Favorite 80s movies
The Christmas Story, Goonies, Breakfast Club, One Crazy Summer, National Lampoon's Summer Vacation, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Spaceballs, Funny Farm, Three Amigos, The Great Outdoors, History of the World Part I, Blazing Saddles, Police Academy 1-4, Disorderlies, Top Gun, Ferris Beuller, The Burbs, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Naked Gun, Airplane, The Lost Boys, License to Drive, Big, Stand by Me, Dream a Little Dream, E.T., The Jerk, Moving, The Jerk, Oh God You Devil, Ruthless People, Say Anything, Major League, Cannibal Run, Mannequin, Labryinth, Ghostbusters, Weird Science, Rain Man, La Bamba, Amadeus, Disney's Robinhood, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmos Fire, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure , Revenge of the Nerds

8. Favorite 80s movie quotes
"It's good to be the king"---King Louis from History of the World Part I


"Rocky Rooooad" ---Sloth from Goonies


"That cat had nine lives and he just spent all of them"---Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation


"Merry Christmas. The shitter was full." ---Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation


"Nothing could draw me away from the soft glow of electric sex in the window"---Ralph from The Christmas Story


"Can you describe the ruckus sir?" The Breakfast Club


"Yogurt, I hate yogurt. Even with strawberries"---Lord Helmet from Spaceballs



" What are you? BARF. Not in here mister, this is a Mercedes" - Spaceballs



"Hey you guuuuuys!" Sloth from Goonies



"Why don't you go find yourself a spin cycle!" --- Great Outdoors


"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f*cking Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of *ssholes this side of the nuthouse. " - Clarke W. Griswald, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation


"You killed Ted! You medieval dickweed!" - Bill, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Evil Duke: "Put them in the iron maiden."
Ted: Iron Maiden?
Bill, Ted: Excellent! [air guitar]
Evil Duke: Execute them.
Bill, Ted: Bogus! ---------------Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

"How's it going, royal ugly dudes" -- Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.



9. Top 3 most memorable pop culture moments of the 80s for you.
Live AID
Challenger Disaster
Cabbage Patch Doll mania

10. Favorite 80s cartoon
JEM (Jem is truly outrageous, truly truly truly outrageous. JEM is my name no one else is the same...JEM is my name).

This was closely following by Josie and Pussycats, He-Man (by the power of GrayScull), the Smurfs, Fraggle Rock, and GI-Joe. I am also a big Looney Toones Fan. My favorite character was the baby vulture "Killer" from the Bugs Bunny cartoon.

11. Favorite 80s commercials
Life Alert "I've Fallen and I can't get up" (Oh c'mon I don't want to hear it. You laughed at it too. Horrible, horrible acting).

Wendy's "Where's the Beef?"


12. Boy George or Wham?
Boy George. ( I didn't think he was at all weird then. :-) In the church of the poison mind, in the church of the poison mind....)

13. Favorite one-hit wonder
"Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats

14. INXS or Depeche Mode
INXS...dun dun dun dunnn dunn dun I've got to let you know..I've got to let you know.....You're my kind....oh

15. Poison or Warrant
Poison....I'm a Bret girl

16. Did you ever meet a rocker or 80's pop icon? Where were you?
Slaughter, Warrant, Great White, Firehouse, Weird Al Yankovic, Dr. Ruth ( I slammed into her in the lobby of the Waldorff Astoria with her manly boyfriend. I think she came up to my waist).


Here's a blast from your past. I met Thom Bray from "Riptide" Remember that show????


17. Snap bracelets or Jelly bracelets?
Jelly Bracelets and they would match my Wigwams (multi-colored socks we would buy from Trenton Joes)

18. Fess up. Who had the garden weasel bangs? Did you ever measure your wall o' Aqua Net love?
Sadly, the Aqua Net was rationed between my mom and myself. My bangs weren't allowed too high although folks got a way with it in Catholic school. We had those horrible plaid jumpers, oxford shirts, knee socks, and super-baggy V-neck cardigans. We kind of all dressed like Neve Campbell did in "The Craft". I remember my Mom would smash my bangs down before I got out of the car when she dropped me off at school. That was cold man, especially after all that time with the crimping and curling iron in the morning. Bogus.

19. Favorite 80s sitcoms
Benny Hill (cause my dad let me sneak out of bed and watch it)
ALF
Growing Pains

Mr. Belvidere

Family Ties


20. Is Jon Bon Jovi still hot or what?
Hellz yeah. Jersey in the hizouse!

21. "Double Dare" or "You Can't Do That on Television"
Double Dare. Who would have thought would now watch Marc Summers on Food Network

22. Who was your favorite Brat Packer?
Judd Nelson, totally dude. Breakfast Club. hhhhhhhhot!

23. Jellies or Reebok Pumps
Jellies, totally dude. Along with my Madonna lace glove and flashdance off-the-shoulder sweatshirt.

24. Favorite pizza parlor arcade game
Miss Pac-Man

25. Deep South "Good 'ol Boys" or "L.A. underground vigilantes wanted for a crime they didn't commit"
Well, I loved the Dukes of Hazard. I had a soft spot for sappy 'ol Ennis always getting his heart broken by Daisy, but I loved the A-Team.......fool.

If you are reading this consider yourself TAGGED. If you are a regular lurker, why don't you take this as a opportunity to come out and introduce yourself? I'd love to hear from you. Let me know where I can reach you back though. Blogger has a nasty habit of giving the "no reply blogger" response.

8 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger Robin said...

WOW!!!! You get an A+++ for your answers! Come check mine out!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Wait! Where are your hair pictures???

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger KubusKrafts said...

Part one, the hair. I have to do the rest of the meme tonight. Some very good questions.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Lesley said...

OMG, now I have to find some 80s pictures of myself. I may need a few weeks for that assignment with everything else I've got going on. So did everyone at your school rock the 80s bangs? I feel like I missed out!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

I'm very disappointed with your answer to #12 because I'm going to see George Michael tomorrow night! WOOT! He's gonna sing "Careless Whisper" straight to me!!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so into this! I am just bummed I packed my scanner. I'd love to have an excuse to bust on some of my prom dates, I mean pictures.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Bea said...

I think I'm too young for this one. I was watching Sesame Street and learning to tie my shoes in the 80's.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Robin said...

LOVE your pictures!!! The first one is Baby Sharon...so cute!! Love the one in #4 - great pics! You have all the perfect movie quotes too - I can never remember any. Great idea; you made the best meme up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home