ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Tagged---A to Z meme

A to Z Meme
Kim tagged me with this A to Z meme. It's pretty self-explanatory. I am now tagging Tammy!

ACCENT: I hide my accent most of the time although it does come out when someone cuts me off on the Turnpike. It always cracked me up how people I would visit for work in the south thought that if I was from Jersey I would sound like Joe Pesci in My Cousin Vinny. Or I guess maybe more like Marissa Tomei. Imagine yawr a deerya and you put yawr little deerya lips dawn to the cawl wawter and then BAM!.........yeah. I don't wear the loud spandex catsuits though. I will say I get made fun of for sauce = which I pronounce "sawce", orange = arrange, and coffee= cawfee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq2EurArgDk (you must watch. I never get tired of it).
BREAKFAST OR NO BREAKFAST: I used to never have breakfast, but I changed. Must have been the whole traveling for a living thing. So my breakfast now consists of Special K Chocolatey Delight and my Diet Coke for the day.


CHORE I DON'T CARE FOR: Backyard Poop Patrol. That's Roland's job. I will clean the bathroom with a toothbrush sooner than poop patrol.

DOG OR CAT: Dogs, Cartman, the smelly English Bulldog and Annie, the Doxie (aka T-Rex).


ESSENTIAL ELECTRONICS: "Crackberry" (the new toy), laptop, cell phone and camera

FAVORITE COLOGNE: Lavender Essential Oil, but I mostly where scented body lotions. My new favorite is Sephora's Pink Grapefruit. I smell tasty. YUM. I really hate when people marinate themselves and then get on a plane. WTF? Just sayin'.
GOLD OR SILVER: Silver. I'm too pale for gold. I get a lot of Indian gold as presents from my friends in India, but it looks weird on me. It is really beautiful though.


HANDBAG I CARRY MOST OFTEN: Sadly, I am a Coach whore. I don't have many, but I love the color combos. I have a patchwork bag with browns, pinks and aqua.

INSOMNIA: Absolutely. I get some of my work and knitting done that way. It takes a lot of Rum or Guinness to get me sleepy, although I have a cocktail maybe once a week after SnB, if that.


JOB TITLE: Clinical Project Leader (high paid baby sitter). Naw just kidding. Or am I? *insert evil grin*

KIDS: Negatory Ghostrider, the pattern is full....errr the shop is closed. I have two 4-legged and furry kids, a bullie and a doxie.

LIVING ARRANGEMENTS: A tiny "house-let in NJ for going on 8 years. It's a two story colonial with a big backyard. Just redid the kitchen so I'm sure the bedroom will be next.


MOST ADMIRABLE TRAIT: Hmm I don't know. Snark? Humor? Actually, I am a very open-minded person, IMO. I'd like to think that other folks think of me that way too. I love experiencing cultures by listening to their music, eating their food, learning their language and customs, respecting their religion, and textiles. I really think it's just another way to promote tolerance and understanding of one another, not to mention enlightenment.


NAUGHTIEST CHILDHOOD BEHAVIOR: Developing an early talent for gratuitous snark. My folks were not happy about that when I was 15, but now they think I'm funny as hell. Amazing how that happens once we bridge over to adulthood. Just for entertainments sake, my husband was the kid you never wanted in your neighborhood. Did you ever have your mailbox blown up or have your Christmas lights cut on your house? How about pulling the lights off of your house and running down the street? I am afraid to procreate. That gene could be passed down.


OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAY: Never. I am very lucky indeed.

PHOBIAS: Lightning. It's 10 shades of hell out there right now as I type and it's amazing I'm actually sitting here. This proves I have come a long way baby. I used to fly to Tampa all the time and end up frozen in time somewhere because I couldn't get to my car or out of a building. I freeze and can't move if I have to be out in the open like the lightning is going to hunt me down and get me.

QUOTE: “"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy sh**, what a ride!" --Mavis Leyrer age 83. I also like any quote by Hunter S. Thompson, American Author and king of gratuitous snark. I bow in the general direction of his grave. It was a sad day in snarkdom when we lost him to this world.

REASON TO SMILE: Puppies and kitten farts. Uh. Just kidding. So many reasons. Breathing comes to mind first.


SIBLINGS: Nope. Only child, left-handed, and a girl with strict, traditional parents. Do you feel sorry for me now?

TIME I WAKE UP: 6:45ish. I hate mornings though. 10PM begins my witching hour.

UNUSUAL SKILL OR TALENT: I have an uncanny knack for foreign languages. I can hear something once and use it years later. My most recent endeavors were Punjabi, useful during my India trip, and Gaelic, just because I wanted to. I have an uncanny ability to attract immigrant men too. Is it the hair? Who knows?

VEGETABLE I REFUSE TO EAT: OKRA!!! Bleh!!! I know it's not "supposed" to be slimy if it's cooked right but UGH! It's not a vegetable, but I hate cantaloupe with unabashed passion. Other than that, there really isn't a veggie or fruit I don't like in some capacity. I especially love my veggies.

WORST HABIT: Procrastination. Working too much.

YUMMY STUFF: Haagen Daz Pomegranate and Dark Chocolate Chip Ice cream. Batura, Indian bread that tastes like Italian pizza frit. Dove Dark Chocolate. Couscous with veggies. The Sharon and Roland Roll. Cheese, especially St. Andre, any Chev (goat), or my all-time favorite is ginger mango Stilton.
ZOO ANIMAL I LIKE MOST: Turtles and elephants, because I can't name just one.
If you read this blog, consider yourself tagged! Comment if you are going to play along so I can read your responses too!
Oh and don't forget to stop back here tomorrow or Friday morning for the unveiling of the 80s meme with
Robin. Get your 80s pictures ready!

4 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Robin said...

So many things to comment on! Just a few I'll pick:

All management jobs are high paid babysitting gigs. I feel ya sister!

I *heart* Special K protein bars - they used to be called Krave bars I think. You reminded me that I have to go get some. I usually eat yogurt for breakfast or sometimes (gasp) an egg mcmuffin. Did you know they're only 300 calories? Yep! I must.eat.breakfast.every.morning. I don't miss any meals.

LOL on the kids response - shop's closed. Crossreference: See item on poop patrol...catbox patrol also goes to Jim. Poop and other bodily detritus is not my favorite thing, just one of the many reasons that the shop's closed!

I envy your ability to pick up quickly on foreign languages. I'm missing that gene.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I knew I done right by tagging you. Great answers. I love Hunter S. Thompson. He's the reason I majored in journalism. Unfortunately my writing (and my liver) couldn't live up to his legend so I became a lawyer. Eeek! Ginger mango stilton sounds heavenly.
I got my 80s photos ready for tomorrow.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger KubusKrafts said...

I'm done!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Bea said...

THis is a fun one. I love learning new interesting things about my friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home