ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pegged jeans are still cool. Right???

Remember those really fugly Monkey socks I said I made that resembled 80s Wigwam slouch socks? Well, just for Phyl's enjoyment, I re-enacted my pegged jeans, Wigwams, and loafers for ya'll with the said ill-fated socks. At first, Roland laughed at me and then offered to peg my jeans a little tighter for me. Apparently and thankfully, I am WAY out of practice. It frightens me, however, that he instinctively identified my pegs were too loose and began fixing them so I could be retro-stylin'. What the hell were we thinking when we pegged our jeans? The rain has stopped...the land is dry....why you wear your pants so high? (one of my friends used to say that).

Hello. I am a handknitted Koigu Wigwam. I am so rad.

My ill-fated Monkeys are a result of some sort of operator error and one of 2 reasons I left sockdom for the last year. Terrible, I know. You also only get one sock because it's mate was already frogged last year in a fit of rage. This one too will meet its demise in the pond of yarny death.


Check my gnarley pegs. Aren't they like sooooo far out?


Thank goodness I have returned to fitted sockdom. I hated when my pegged Jordache jeans would come undone at the most in opportune moments or when you sat down.

I decided to go a little old school on you today since we are fresh off the tails of the 80s meme. Remember this one? My favorite song by Dead or Alive. I thought Pete Burns was hot then. Is that so wrong? I must say though, he doesn't make the best- looking woman these days.



Speaking of men in make-up during the 80-90s, I also thought David Bowie was hotter than hell in "Labyrinth" (1986) as Jareth, the Goblin King. This is one of my favorite movies of all-time in the 80's era along with "The Dark Crystal". I remember seeing this for the first time at a friend's slumber party and I thought there was something wildly attractive about his get-up in the movie. Was Jareth falling in love with Sarah? I guess I never understood that. Part of me was like, "to hell with the baby, marry the goblin king. He's freakin' globlin-king, rocker hot." It's amazing to see a very young Jennifer Connelly play Sarah.




I don't know why I have such a men in make-up theme going on around here. I think Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow is the bees knees and I ain't lyin'. So I guess not much has changed even in the new millenium. (Note: My husband would not be caught dead in eyeliner so it appears this is only a rocker/actor thing for me).


Did you like my clever distraction from knitting content? That's 'cause I got nothing for ya people. Sleeve island is boring so maybe I will have a finished Hippy Chic Tunic by the end of the week....lofty ambitions....I have them.

5 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Robin said...

OK, that DOES scare me that Roland was able to critique the pant-pegging technique!! LOL. I remember those slouchy socks. Remember how at one point they were actually worn OVER the pants? This might have been earlier, like maybe mid-80s.

LOL on Sleeve Island - I'm right there with ya, sistah!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Kim said...

OMG, what happened with those Monkeys? They are just like those slouchy 80s socks, whiih my sister used to wear with her stirrup pants and a pair of high top reeboks. Oy vey! David Bowie wears man make-up better than anybody. J-Depp is in my top 3 celeb hotties. Scha-wing!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Bea said...

What do you mean when you say pegged jeans? Rolled up?

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

My oh my those are a bit slouchy, aren't they? At least the color is pretty! And the new attempt is certainly working out quite well! That's for sure!

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a you tube tutorial on how to peg your jeans might be needed!

Slouchy socks over the jean! argh!

Love the look!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home