ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Monday, August 04, 2008

I've been olympic training...no really

I have been in ravelympic training. No really, I have. I have been setting small goals for myself in which to finish pieces of my Hippy Chic Tunic. The silence on this blog has been due to the fact I've been knitting like a girl on a mission. I wanted it off the needles before the Ravelympics. I gave myself until Thursday afternoon to finish it and I am done on Monday night. Not bad, eh? So it is now blocking an patiently awaiting a photo shoot tomorrow.
I had a good weekend filled with fiber and friends. I started the weekend off going to our favorite Indian restaurant and plugging away on my sweater. Saturday I visited Jessica for a little food and fiber, saw some familiar faces and made some new fiber friends. It was definitely a good fiber day. You may want to check out Chris's blog and Deb’s blog for more photos of food and fiber feeding frenzy in Jessica's dying room. BTW, you should check out Jessica's Etsy shop while you are there. She has some incredibly gorgeous colorways.
Later that evening I crashed on Tammy's couch and watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Ah for the love of pirates....especially the "maybe it's maybelline" eyeliner-wearing pirates. (PS - her poll is still up on her blog. Please pay her a visit and vote for a project. K. thx).
Sunday I went out with Sairy and "the pants" over to New Hope, PA to partake in some tappas and the best mojitos over at Havannas all while people watching on a very busy day. Did I mention the mojitos were good?
Today I got a couple of presents in the mail. Check out this little gem. "Poison" by 100purewool. I'm thinking of doing "Wicked" by the Zephyr Girls out of it. Wicked Poison, has a nice ring no? It is purple, bright pink, and black.


Speaking of pink, I picked up a little iron on transfer of a Jolly Roger in New Hope and embellished the knitting bag. I love Jolly Rogers. I'm not morbid, but I really do love things with Jolly Rogers on them even before the whole Pirates frenzy. Anyway, stay tuned for FO pictures and pre-Ravelympics event coverage. Don't move that dial.

6 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wicked Poison - hah! I love it. The colors, too.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great meeting you on Saturday, and don't get me started on Jessica's fiber! So, so pretty!

As to the Ravelympics? Well, you certainly have a challenging project, but isn't that the point? And it's going to be gorgeous when it's done....

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Glad you could make it this weekend! Thanks for the etsy plug too. :) Love the bag! Wish we had had time to stop in New Hope ourselves this weekend. Good luck with the Ravelympics. I just signed up. :)

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I love me a Jolly roger skull! That's a nice iron-on and it goes well with the Poison yarn. Your weekend sounds awesome! Bummed I had to miss the gathering at Jessica's but hopefully next time. I danced in a show on Friday night to "It's Raining Men" and a picture of Johnny Depp as a shirtless pirate was taped to my umbrella.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Bea said...

Love the new yarn and the new skull. I can't wait to see your finished sweater!

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

oh that yarn is SO yumy! ok I've been so out of touch what is the ravelympics?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home