ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Friday, September 05, 2008

I should be on a beach in Puerto Rico with a tasty beverage right now....

But NOOOOOOO, "Ike" is in my way. "Josephine" can't make up her mind and "Hanna" is a giant beotch. That's right. No Puerto Rico vacation for me. Wendy and I had to cancel on Thursday because it's just too risky of getting on the island but not getting off for like 2 weeks. It was due to downpour the entire time so I guess I will have to succumb to a mojito and sock knitting at home. Why you ask? Welp, I've even given you some theme music for this weekend....StormFront by Billy Joel.Storm Front - Billy Joel







Because I am too afraid of experiencing this again. This was the April 2007 Nor'easter's destruction of my newly finished off basement room. Brand new carpet a soggy disaster. That was 9 inches of rain in less than a 24 hour period. Tomorrow they are anticipating 7 inches at some point a few inches an hour. That's only an estimate as NJ will get some of the heaviest rainfall. Fabs, especially since my basement has been back in one piece since Fall 2007 after we got over the initial shock of the damage and cleaned up.

I'll be working at the KubusKrafts sweatshop, but certainly not venturing to far from home. Honestly, it will force me to finish the mate to this:

Yeah, I will be partaking in mojitos at home. *sigh*. At least my fellow crafters can cheer me up.

5 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Sorry about your vacation. I hope you won't get hit to hard if it gets up your way before it veers off again.

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, that truly stinks. Better safe at home than sorry, though--hurricanes can be too scary! But still ... what rotten luck!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Lesley said...

Oh that SUCKS! So sorry you had to miss Puerto Rico. I think a few large pitchers of Mojitos are definitely in order. I hope your basement stays dry.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Ginny said...

Oh Sharon - so sorry about your trip. But ya know, you can't reason with hurricane season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssvOqyDumS0

There was plenty of rain here in Jackson all day. Hope your basement stayed dry. I'll be out your way in Hamilton tomorrow for a party, and hopefully the weather will be better than it was today.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

so not cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home