ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

FOs: Swallowtail and Ishbel

Yes, I know, it's been awhile again. Seriously though, I've been a busy, busy girl. I got bit by the lace bug. See what happened?

FO: Swallowtail Shawl
Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark
Yarn: Malabrigo Sock in "Solis"
Started: July 5, 2009
Finished: August 17, 2009
Mods: None. I went traditional and did the nupps, but if there is ever a #2, there will be beads instead.

I really enjoyed it, which surprised me. I never thought of myself as a lace knitter, but I am so proud of my skills on this one. The picture below shows the reverse of the shawl.

Of course, there needed to be an arbitrary "shawl in tree picture".

This is probably my greatest knitting achievement to date. I think I am most proud of this project thus far.

Prior to Swallowtail, I finished an Ishbel in 3 Days! I ended up buying a gorgeous dress and then went to a yarn shop with a friend. She put this lovely Blue Heron Rayon Metallic in my face and said, "THIS WOULD MATCH YOUR DRESS!" So I guess you can figure out what happened then....

FO: Ishbel
Pattern: Ishbel by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Blue Heron Rayon Metallic (has little flecks of gold in there)
Started: July 22, 2009
Finished: July 25, 2009
Mods: None. Did small stockinette, small lace.

Ok back to work. There are more pics on my Ravelry page. I have so much more show and tell for you if I can find some free-time to right more! Hopefully soon!

8 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger Milly said...

How wonderful! You did a great job!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Thea said...

They look lovely! I'm still afraid of lace myself...

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger Harriet said...

I know exactly how you feel about your Swallowtail. I feel the same way about mine. I want to do another Evelyn Clark pattern to see if I love it as much. Great job!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are now a lace knitter. :-D

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous robin said...

LOVE both FOs - Swallowtail looks especially amazing. Great work!

I've been wanting to make a small shawl like the ones you made so maybe I will finally attempt Swallowtail - I've had that one in mind forever!

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger R a i n said...

SO purty!

 
At 3:20 AM, Blogger Bhavna said...

Wow this is so pretty!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

You’re comment is in Arabic. I cannot read it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home