ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Friday, October 05, 2007

I've been tagged!

Rain, tagged me with the 8 Things About Me Meme.

Rules:
Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.



8 things about me:

1. I was very shy in Catholic grammar school ( I know you're shocked aren't you?). I got picked on for having red hair (orphan Annie jokes) once by this kid and he sent me over the edge in 8th grade. I told him off up one side, down the other, and it felt good. I haven't shut up since. I went on to be captain of Freshman Cheerleading. Who knew?

2. I adore reading about the Celts and Shamanism. One of my fondest memories of Ireland was standing in the center of a stone circle in County Clare, Ireland with my friend, Wendy. It was just about 4 or so in the aftern,on on a sunny, breezy day. We stepped inside the circle and walked around stopping at the 4 directions and tying "ribbons fair" to the branches of the trees at each "corner" (An ancient custom). There was no wind inside the stone circle. Calm as can be. Fabulous energy. I highly recommend it.

3. My eyes well up every time I hear "Singin in the Rain" or "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Gene Kelley and Judy Garland to this day, are still my favorite actors. I always had a mad crush on Gene Kelley.

4. If there is dark chocolate in the room....blink...there isn't anymore :-)

5. I *geek heart* Alton Brown of Good Eats and Feasting on Asphalt with unabashed passion. He appeals to my corny scientific side only with food. This is why I am a Food Network junkie. Otherwise, I don't watch TV unless Family Guy is on. This is my other vice. These are only two instances that "the Pants" and I will watch the same thing and like it.

6. I hate being kissed on my nose. I completely flip out. I have no idea why. There is usually some arm flailing and frantic wiping of the top of my nose. "The Pants" does this on occasion to torture me, but see the thing is....one day I'm going to be caught off-guard and someone will get hurt. Consider yourself warned.

7. I love a good stuck-in-the-house snowstorm. It's so quiet you can hear a pin drop outside. Give me a blanket, a homemade bowl of soup, some knitting and I call it a good day.

8. I'm really into linguistics and especially languages not most typical to learn in school such as Gaelic, Hindi, and Punjabi. It's like some sick challenge of mine. I know. I'm a geek.

I am going to be terrible with the whole tag and comments thing because I think many of you may have already done this one. I'll pick of few anyway just in case...

I tag: Ms. Zarzuela, Ms. Yarn Crawl, Ms. Kelley-Green Rogue, Ms. Eleven Stitches and whomever would like to join in. If you've already been tagged on this one no worries. If you are reading this post, consider yourself TAGGED. :-)

Happy weekend everyone. I would love to read more about all of you.

3 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Wow, very interesting list! I was shy in grammar school too and then came out of my shell in 8th grade. Neat about the stone circle. Did you read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon? I love those books.

I may have to trot out some things that have already been revealed on my blog, but I'll play!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

very interesting!

I'll get mine up sometime this week!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I love a good snow storm, too :) I hope we get at least one in NJ this winter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home