ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The battle of the sexes- THE VACATION DOUBLE STANDARD

The girls and I would agree that if you were single on this cruise, there was a major sex double-standard.

Case in point, the MEN got this............................................... The LADIES got this..........and plaid no less.

I hope this dude never finds his butt plastered on my blog but we're making a statement here folks. Plaid + speedos= NO NO

And lots of men wearing pink....head to toe in baby pink. That is a difference between Italian men and American men I think. Here most men wouldn't be caught dead in it unless you had lovely coloring or were rockin a serious tan. It was just really bizarre to see men in head to toe baby pink. Not that there is anything wrong with this at all...just bizarre for us American gals to see since color is has such a gender-specific connotation here.

So since our retinas were burned out most of the time near the pool area, the girls had to do a lot more of this.......

We like to call this one..DRINK...DRANK...DRUNK
Naw not really, just playin' with our new friend bartender buddy Ariel at the Dublino.On the knitting front, I am plugging away on the Tilted Duster and Bed Jacket. I got a little bored the other night and cast on for the Drops Swing Jacket with Laines du Nord in Chocolate as seen below.
PS- I am a Ravelry addict. Damn. Yet another fiber-related addiction to contend with.

3 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Robin said...

OK, now MY retinas are burning. I have NEVER seen a plaid speedo.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Yeah that was tame in comparison to some of the things we saw on that ship. My eyes still hurt. :-)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

that is totally unfair! I think I might never get that image out of my head. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home