ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Well well you CAN teach an old dog new tricks....

Say folks, remember the sweaty older man at the gym who wouldn't wipe off the gym equipment when he was done using it? (See gym rant in July 15, 2007 post below). Well I discovered you can teach and old dog new tricks. My dirty looks and over-exaggeration of cleaning off my gym equipment before and after use has paid off. The boy learned. I am really impressed that a man of his age maintains that level of activity and vigor to stay healthy, but it does not excuse anyone from lack of cleanliness at the gym. You pay the membership and so do I. I'm happy now.

On to the knitting.........what I did on my Friday off...continued. Nothing like a big tall, frosty class of ice tea, new deck and some knitting to decompress for entirely too many hours wasted working too many years of long days. For those of you who don't know my job, I work from home and manage clinical trials. Let's just say my company would owe me 7 extra weeks vacation a year if comp time were a reality. 6 years of dedicated service, and although still dedicated, the hardest lesson for a workaholic is to walk away at 5:30 to enjoy a decent dinner and a little sunshine before you start all over again.

And here I am on my lunch hour....not checking emails, not running a meeting...nope I am BLOGGING and actually EATING my lunch. Who knew???
And this little gem is my colorway for Cookie A.'s "Monkey" socks. I forgot to take a progress picture, and quite frankly, I'm too lazy to load one at the moment. I finished one sock and had to frog part of the second started. I dropped a decrease stitch somewhere. The yarn is Koigu KPPM and I misplaced that ball band somewhere. I'll find it.

Have a great day all.

-S

5 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

ooooh Me likey the colorway. I like your picture too, very cool.

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

Thank you! I love the how your monkey socks came out. We need to get your blog up and running so others can see how cool they are!!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

Sounds like you're finding some much deserved rest time. Love the sock yarn color! :)

Jessica

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Victory!!I'm amazed that the "old dog" caught on!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

I just wanted to stop in and say hi! It was great to talk with you tonight :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home