ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Ok so I lied

ONE finished object to show you. The Puff Sleeve Feminine Cardie by Stephanie Japel from her book Fitted Knits. The other FO is an alpaca bolero with crocheted trim. It has so many ends to weave in I would be almost embarassed to post it. It look like I'm a ragpicker or something.

So anyhooo, here's the cardie:

























And a close-up of my lurvely pewter flower buttons


Specs:
Pattern: Puff-sleeved Feminine Cardie by Stephanie Japel
Yarn: 8 balls of Rowan Pure Wool in "Cypress" (nice stuff BTW)
Needles: Size 6 Addi Turbos and DPNs
Modifications:
Shortened the sleeves by 8 rows otherwise somehow they would have been down to my elbows.
Knitted my buttons on courtesy of a crochet hook and Lily Chin on Knitty Gritty
I will need to reinforce them later
I never used a smaller needles size for the button band. I never liked that idea.

Overall I liked the pattern. I need to block it. The peplum comes right at my waist which I know it's supposed to, but makes me nuts. Nothing a little wetblocking can't cure.

Up next you say? Monkey socks by Cookie A. and Bed Jacked from Knitting Lingerie Stye. Go check the KAL out.

Knit and be merry

Shar

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Robin said...

The cardie looks great!! Yeah, I know it is supposed to have the peplum but I'd probably wet block it too -poofy stuff drives me nuts. Thanks for posting the modifications - sounds familiar!!

I saw that episode of Knitty Gritty and saved it - hmmm - may need to revisit that as I might not have gotten to the part about the buttons.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

I know I hate to sew on buttons such a pain for me. It's not *overly* poofy. Just enough that I can tolerate it. I agree I think I need to do a better blocking. I wish the peplum hit just a little lower on my waist.

Thanks for the comments!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yours came out great! I love it in blue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home