ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

An FO and a gym rant

As promised, here is the Garnstudio bolero which is free from the website. I used Catalina Alpaca which is *wipes drool* LURVELY YARN BTW. Soooo soft.
And of course, the rear view facing the back yarn and my neighbor's forest of trees.
And then on to the crochet detail of the bell cuff. For those of you that don't know, I crocheted since I was eight and that is a LONG time before I ever started knitting. Like oh maybe 20 years with hook in hand. Wow that is a long time. I only picked up knitting about three years ago so it was fun to crochet again. I lost interest when I felt that I could knit better fitted and shaped garments through knitting, that is until the wonderful Teva Duram came along and had folks drooling over her new book. She is a genius with shaping details but the patterns often call for a bulkier yarn than my fat butt will allow to put on. Specs:
Yarn: 4 skeins of Catalina Alpaca (Tangerine) and 2 skeins Catalina Alpaca (Ecru) all held double
Needles: Size 10.5 Circulars
Started: June 16, 2007
Finished: June 29, 2007 only due to yarn availability
Mods: Only did three rounds of the crochet pattern because the yarn was slightly thicker than called for when doubled.
Recipient- ME!
And now for the gym rant:
*steps on soapbox*
Ahem. For those of you who use machines at the gym, sweat like a pig and don't wipe off your machine when your done, go back and read your freakin' gym rule book folks. It's time for a remedial lesson. It's disgusting and doesn't show courtesy to your fellow gym-goers. The next time you see the firey redhead holding a dumbell, very upset her husband drug her tired, fat ass to the gym at 5:30 AM, don't get too close. You're in throwing range. Which do you choose? Rule book or deal with the redhead beotch?
*thumps older sweaty gym man in the head with gym rule book*
Ahem. Back to your regularly schedule knit programming.
Go on.
Nothing more to see here.

4 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger Robin said...

I love Catalina Alpaca!! I have some of the chunky version in my stash in lime green - hmmm - immediate gratification knitting? Your hair is gorgeous - such a pretty color!

Did you join the Loop D Loop Crochet/Knit along I started the other day? I am not nearly as into crochet as knitting but I did find a few things I wanted to make in the new book, that might motivate me to actually make a crochet project. Along with peer pressure - LOL.

On ppl not wiping off gym equipment - eww - just eww. What is wrong with ppl?

BTW, I love your profile comment about two four legged children - me too!!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks for the comments. Yes the red hair is definitely a huge part of my identity.

I think maybe I'll join the Loop D Loop KAL. I forgot how much I used to like to crochet. I lost interest because when I was doing it, I really didn't see any inspiring designs. I could probably design myself with crochet but I've been too lazy. Someday maybe.

Email me if you need any crochet troubleshooting. I may be able to help.

Sweat and no wiping off gym equipment IS ewwww absolutely. I just want to walk up and hand him a wet paper towel one day. Ugh.

 
At 3:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your bolero turned out so very beautiful - and you look stunning in it! I love your red hair too, what a beautiful color! Actually, I've always wanted to have a similar hair color, but unfortunately it never worked out with the dark hair I'm having. But I keep on dyeing! ;)
Anyways, a gorgeous bolero - congratulations on a really great accomplishment!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Thank you for the congrats on the bolero! The hair well that's my identity. Always known as "red on the head".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home