ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Oh hi there....hi hi hi

Good Lord, it's damn hot today so anything you model wrinkles instantly. Take said lime green sweater, for example. A silk/viscose sweater. I present "Waistcoat in Lime". It's a Sandra Knitting pattern that my SnB group knows I had to re-write the whole lace pattern. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. It's not my style to bash anyone's creativity on my blog although I may have those "how the hell is that functional?" kind of moments when I see some of the 'creative' patterns in magazines recently. I really like Sandra although I was very disappointed that the magazine was not receptive to me letting them know they do have errata on one of their patterns. Oh I am sooo sorry, didn't realize the magazine was perfect. I was really disappointed about that. So folks beware, they have really cute patterns, but absolutely no pattern support or errata. Don't be suprised if you have to re-write cable or lace graphs. This is the second pattern I've done and the second time I've re-written the pattern due to an error in increases versus decreases. Although this, in no way, stops me from knitting the patterns. I do like them a lot.
Details:
Pattern: Waistcoat in Rose (Lime for me)
Source: Sandra magazine
Yarn: 6 balls of Gedifra Tiago (Lime with blue flecks)
Needles: Size 10.5 addi turbos
Mods: Let's not go there. A lot of them. I also added puffed cap sleeves as this was a vest in the pattern.
Recipient: Me
Close-up of the front lace
Close-up of the back lace
I plan to move my button a little higher on the neckline and I think I do need to do a crochet edging around the neck.
And this is a finished Monkey sock by Cookie A., available at www.knitty.com. The yarn is Koigu KPPM in a purple and army green colorway. Second sock is on the needles and just about done.
Cartman says, "Awwww mom, when are you going to stop playing with those sticks and string to pet my sad, pitiful head? I'm LONELY."

6 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

oh, I LOVE the sweater and you did a great job on the lace. I am working on my 2nd pair of monkeys tonight. they are addictive!

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

that sweater looks great!

glad to know I'm not the only one who gets the "sad puppy face" or "why do you love knitting more than me" face LOL

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks really cute! it's so great that you finished it while you can still wear it. i always seem to finish knits just as the seasons change.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

You did a great job with this! Sorry the pattern had so many problems, but at least you can feel smart for figuring it out anyway :)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for you kind compliments! Now I am officially on to FALL KNITS again (Whoot!!!). One more summery kind of sweater to post this weekend and I wash my hands of cotton. Bring on the wool!

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger KHM said...

I really really love this sweater. I wonder if we could make a deal for you to write up the mods (or just good hints if they've slipped your mnd...) I can't imagine not having this to wear when the weather gets warm again. Its too wonderful! Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home