ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Phildar Cropped Cardie -DONE

Stashbusted. I finally got that small amount of GGH Samoa out of my stash that has been languishing in there for about 4 years. When I first started knitting, I was crazed about the prospect of all this cool yarn. The new LYS I discovered has this on sale and I bought 8 skeins of it for no particular pattern and without regard to gauge or yardage. I finally found something kind of fun and trendy to do with it. I am not a summer garment knitter. I've only knit two things that are truly summer-wearable. Give me wool or alpaca any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The nice thing is I can wear this cropped cardie and the lime green waiscoat (from 8/13/07 post) for the cruise.

The buttons are even although they don't appear that way in the picture. That's the "girls" getting in the way. LOL.

It is super cloudy but bright today so getting good pics proved difficult since I was both the model and photographer today. I have a major headache here. Can you tell??? :-)

Project Details:
Pattern: Phildar Cropped Cardie #3
Pattern Source: Phildar Tendances Spring 2006
Yarn: 8 skeins of GGH Samoa in Black (more like a faded out black)
Needles: Size 5 and Size 3 Addi Turbo circulars
Mods: I changed the method for attaching the neckband. The pattern called for knitting the neckband separately and then doing a couple of rows of waste yarn stockinette to sew on. I don't play that kind of game. I picked up stitches and knit the band.
Recipient- Me
Here is the back view. Please excuse mah big arse.
In other news, I joined the Interweave Tilted Duster KAL because I fell in love with the construction of this sweater. I really really didn't want another project with loads of stockinette, but I wanted the sweater badly enough so there was no fair trade here.
Among other things, I am also working on a christening gown for a dear friend's future little one. She gave me this honor quite some time ago and despite all the problems she's had along the way, we are officially in the clear to start the gown. This is a huge honor for me. More details later. Also, I'm jumping on the bandwagon to knit the Elizabeth Zimmerman's February baby sweater from the Knitter's Almanac. The one that really got my attention was the one that brooklyntweed (Jared) had done out of Sundara Yarns. Ummm breathtaking. The quality of his knitting continues to blow my mind.
Have a nice remainder of the weekend. All of my cruise knits are done. Now it's packing time. Count down 12 days to vacation to Italy and Costa Cruise!

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

That is adorable. It looks like it will make a great "cover up" should you get chilly in the afternon.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Looks great!!

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

That came out really cute! Great stashbuster. :)

Jessica

 

Post a Comment

<< Home