ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Drops Swing Jacket FO

You really can't tell but I am quite jazzed over this jacket. It's wearable, it's warm, it was a quick knit and it's chocolate brown. What more can I ask for?
Pattern: Drops jacket with 3/4 length sleeves Source: http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=103&d_id=1
Yarn: 9.5 balls of Laines du Nord Softlight Needles: 13 Addi Turbos
Recipient: ME!
Started: September 18, 2007 (intermittent knitting)
Finished: September 28, 2007

Please excuse the white-washed pictures. It is damn bright today and the light in the house was way too dark. I am pale but not quite French Revolutionary Marie Antoinette kind of pale. And the "please excuse mah big arse" picture
This is with the collar down and two of the buttons closed. I find it to be too constricting with the third button done when the collar is down.
Evidence that I have way too much hair to deal with. Ozzy "the prince of darkness" obviously wants some of the photo shoot action. It's not an FO until I try it on my Mom. Ain't she cute? I can't help but throw in the gratuitous puppy photo. This is my parent's dog Ozzy. He's a Japanese Chin and Yorkie mix. He looks innocent but he's definitely his namesake and ALL BOY. Have a nice rest of the weekend!

10 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger Kristy said...

It looks so good on you! Beautiful job! I'm amazed at how a chunky knit sweater can look so flattering :)

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

It looks great! That must have been a quick knit. I can't believe you finished already. Love the texture of it too. :)

Jessica

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Juno said...

Very nice. And fast. Impressed.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

OMG you finished it? It's gorgeous. Looks totally rad on you =)

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger a friend to knit with said...

Oh my gosh this is perfect!
i love everything about it too....and the fact that it is brown! You look fabulous!

 
At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how very, very beautiful it is, and you look stunning wearing it! It also suits your Mom so perfectly - what a beautiful pic of her too!
Now, this jacket is certainly a keeper, it looks awesome and you've knit it up so beautifully! Congrats on a great achievement!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Thea said...

It looks great! Gorgeous yarn and cool buttons. Even on Mom, watch out she doesn't borrow it... i know my Mom would. Enjoy it! (I like your outdoor table too - cool color.)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

It looks great! Just amazing! And the dog is cute too!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Looks great on you, AND on mom! How many people can say that? I love the color on both of you too.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is so beautiful! This is the second gorgeous one o' these I've seen - I'm feeling quite tempted to knit it now. And your mom is totally cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home