ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Say hello to my leetle friend

I've always thought of myself as a resourceful kind of girl. I was the son my father never had as an only child, and a daughter at the same time. I can use power tools, I can build things if I had to, and I can get around the Home Depot. Hell, I can drywall. I love arts and crafts too as evidence why this blog even exists.

But you know what? I could not bring myself to make one of those light boxes that everyone's been crafting in blogland. It looks like a quick, cost-effective solution, but the bottom line is I have space issues and general laziness these days. I live in NJ, in a small colonial house with too much yarn, two dogs, the "pants", fishing equipment, and limited space. I would hate to break that box down with the muslin everytime I needed my space back.

So for $20 someone is being resourceful for me. Say hello to my new leetle friend...
Mr. Lightbright. I know. I should be ashamed of myself. He was an Ebay find and I caved. I was having a work-stressed weak moment.

But lookie!

Mr. Lightbright makes yarn look pretty. C'mon, what knitterly person doesn't love that?

Mr. Lightbright has many personalities to suit your mood.
Mr. Lighbright can fold himself away and gets out of your hair in his own little built-in carrying case. What a good man. In fact, you barely know he's even there. If I can just get him to clean out the dust bunny tumbleweed from under the bed that would be fabs.

Well I'm off to go iron the backdrops and play with the lamps as "the pants" pointed out I have shadows. I have no photography skills so this should be fun.

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

some how I've missed this box you're talking about. but mr light bright looks cool!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Wow, how cool is that!! You got skillz!! And the title of your post sounds vaguely familiar (thinking back to my Fibertrends lamb post!!!!) Great minds think alike...

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

That certainly looks like it's worth $20 to me. Sure, you could make your own, but why do it when it's so cheap? (Can you send me the link, BTW?) Have fun with it!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is KEWL! :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home