ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Of FOs, WIPs, dogs and baby showers

Well I must admit I am guilty of not posting anything on this one. For good reason too. It's a present for my friend Wendy. She lives in hot sticky FL so I think this is the perfect knit to chase the chill on those rare cold nights during the winter (snort snort snort what 60 degrees is winter for you folks? snort snort). Ahem sorry about that.


Anyhoo, I present the one skein wonder that Wenders will receive this weekend.




Pattern:One Skein Wonder
Source: Glampyre Knits
Yarn: 1 skein of Catalina Baby Alpaca Worsted in Black
Needles: Size 6 and 4 circulars
Started: August 10, 2007
Finished: August 13, 2007



Wendy is way smaller than me and therefore, the lack of modeling here. And now onto the demented sheepies. Since this picture was taken, I am probably about 75% done with a goal of finishing this thing once and for all. Why do you ask am I in such a rush? Ok let me give you my top 5 reasons.
Sharon's Top 5 reasons to make sheepie go away:



1. I despise Intarsia. This baby can't be finished fast enough.



2. I have a meeeellion fuzzy ends to weave in.



3. I found out the baby shower is Dec 8th in Des Moines. I still have holiday knitting to do. *gasp*



4. My sheep look demented.



5. I have a freakin' christening gown to finish by Dec 8th people. *fans self*
Well before she found out she was pregnant, my friend visited my LYS when she was in town from Iowa. She fell in love with the sample hanging above the stairwell and has been talking about it ever since. How could I not make this for her first born? Her little one has been a long long time coming.
Although have I told you I hate intarsia? I love argyle, but mark my words, you will likely never see me do intarsia again. This is a strong statement coming from someone who loves all things textiles and especially involving yarn. It goes to show you I'm willing to do something I absolutely hate for the joy it brings to someone else and my future fairy god-baby. I'll be happy with it when it's done I'm sure. Right now the sheep are making me nuts. We are moving along on the Tilted Duster as well when I have moments to work on it. I am more consumed with helping out my dear SIL with prepping for her craft show and working on baby items for the pending arrival of my friend's baby boy.
A view of the side increases.
On another note, I received a knitterly present from my co-worker and fellow yarn enabler, Kelley. Aren't these adorable? Sorry for the blurry picture. This are little bottle cap magnets that she purchased at her LYS in Nashville. Thanks Kelley! You rock! It was a really nice pick-me-up after the work week we both had, or lack there of for her since she's been laid up with the flu something awful.
With the camera out, my hot dog, Anners Bananers (aka Annie) was not feeling photogenic today, however, I present to you my lazy, sleepy, lump of a animal, Cartman. He was limping off and on since I came back from vacation. The vet said it could be that he's sleeping on it wrong but we are watching for signs of ACL or arthritis. If you slept twisted like this, you would be limping too, no?
He looks like a giant, snoring cashew.
He's a dork. But I love him. How could you not love a sleepy face like this? *heavy sigh* My little baby boy is getting older. He turned 6 this year. That's getting up there for an English bulldog. Anners, however, is 12 and in surprisingly good health. Lazy as all hell, but in good health.
I leave you with the "pants" and the kids. This was taken at the NJ Weiner Weiner Roast held for all doxie and doxie/non-doxie siblings of babies adopted through Daschund Rescue of North America. Annie adopted us following being rescued in a raid of a puppy mill in St. Louis. I don't know that she will ever be affectionate with me as she is with Roland (don't think she likes females), but I know I've given her a comfortable life for her older years compared to her younger years full of abuse, neglect, and starvation. She is now a happy, plump little dog who loves her daddy and her heated cat bed for her cold little bones.

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Zarzuela said...

Whew! You've been busy. While the sheepy blanket may be a pain, it's darn cute! And so is your canine family. Cartman just cracks me up!

Jessica

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I used to live in Des Moines! Only for 6 months and it was before I started knitting. I'm from IA originally.

your doggy is too cute!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Robin said...

You are a great friend to soldier through all of that intarsia! It is really cute. Love the doggie pics. Oh, and I bought the Peruvia for the Tilted Duster - I decided I like it and am going to be starting it probably in the next month!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home