ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

FO- Tilted Duster

Finally some knitting content. I know. I've been a little sparse with the knitting lately. But look-a here look-a here! I present my finished, totally wearable Tilted Duster. Folks, I love this sweater.

Pattern: Tilted Duster by Norah Gaughan
Source: Interweave Knits Fall 2007
Yarn: 5 skeins of Berocco Ultra Alpaca in Purple
Needles: Size 9 Addi Turbos
Started: September 2007
Finished: November 17, 2007
Modifications: The word on the street is the sleeves run small so I increased an extra 2 stitches at either end and only kept with the same amount of decreases. Overall this pattern is creative and well written. Norah Gaughan is my personal hero for my pattern-loving self. Oooh and Eucalan soak works wonders for further softening the alpaca. I am completely sold on the stuff now having been a skeptic. That, my friends, is a shit-eating grin on my face. I am ecstatic with this one.
The obligatory "fat ass" photo. This blog would not be complete without one.

My little man is recovering nicely. He had a few bad nights where I think the pain meds. weren't enough. He doesn't bark or whimper. I mean, his noises are pretty limited to snorting, snoring, sneezing and farting. (What? You didn't expect that last one? He's a freakin' bulldog. All they do is sleep, snore, eat, poop, and fart). So anyway, last night I was shocked to actually see tears rolling down his face. Tears, one after another, rolling down his face and his nose was running. My husband and I couldn't believe it. We've seen dogs eyes water but never cry like this. It was the most pitiful site and heart-wrenching at best. We increased his dosage back up to a full tablet because the vet said we could decrease to a half a pill now. My suspicion is that it might not be enough. He is, thankfully, back to his farting, snoring, snorting self today. We go to get his stitches out next Friday. *crosses fingers* The pathology report came back and it was barely a stage 2 mast cell tumor. They stated it is not likely to reoccur. Let's keep our fingers and toes crossed.
Life is good again. Finally.
A heartfelt thank you for all of you who sent your prayers and well-wishes to Cartman.

7 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger R a i n said...

Oh you're looking nice n spiffy in that. Looks fantabulous on you!

Big hugs for Cartman!!!

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Love the FO.

Great news about Cartman. We had to say goodbye to our dog 6 weeks ago and it was heartbreaking. He was 2 weeks off his 16th birthday and had a great life with us. Still miss him terribly.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

The Titled Duster looks great on you! Congrats on a beautiful FO!

Glad to hear Cartman is doing so well.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

It looks awesome! And I was so sorry to read about Cartman's illness. Glad he is on the mend though. Poor little guy!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Jim Watson said...

The sweater looks fantastic and so does Cartman. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Kasia said...

I love you Tilted Duster!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home