ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Dear Friends, my heart has been officially ripped out of my chest

Friends, this family has been plagued in the last month with issue after issue. It's been a really rough go of it at Chez Knitballs and extended family of Chez Knitballs lately. Today topped off the emotional rollcoaster.

I received some hard news this morning friends. That little lump that my dear friend and Cartman's weekly groomer, Darlene, found last week is not so little after all. Darlene, is an angel people. Had it not been for her finding this lump, I would not know today that my baby boy of 6 years has cancer. There I said it. It hurts just as much as the first time when I made the first call to my husband of six years, Roland.

Our trusted family vet of 30 years called this morning to let me know that the lump was in fact Mast cell cancer. Stage 2 according to the pathologist. The good news is we may have caught it early before it metastasized to the lungs, which this type of cancer typically does.

He is scheduled for surgery and a chest X-ray to rule out mets. on Monday morning at 7:30.
Dear friends, please send your good thoughts and wishes to Cartman. He has been with me since I was married in 2001. He sat on my lap and consoled me through watching the towers fall on National Television on September 11th. I only had him for a week at that point. He gives me unconditional love. He makes me laugh. He's always been there for me. He reads my emotions and sits in my lap when he senses I am upset. He spends his days sitting at my feet while I work in my home office. He is my baby, my friend, my trusted soul and I love this dog with all my heart. He is part of my family and his doxie sister Annie loves him dearly. That's her man and protector.

Writing this post is tearing me apart. I'm trying to be positive as he sits at my feet snoring away and acting as he normally does. Therefore, I am reaching out to my dear friends in blogland to please send some positive thoughts our way. We are distraught with the uncertainty of his conditon. Monday seems like years away right now.

7 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Oh, poor baby. I'm so sorry. Hugs!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Kelley said...

I just heard earlier today, Please let me know if you need anything or just want to talk.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending all good thoughts and prayers your way.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Kristy said...

Sharon, I'm so sorry! I'm sending warm, healing vibes to Cartman. Give him a hug and kiss from me.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger a friend to knit with said...

oh, i am so sorry.
my thoughts and prayers are with you, now and especially on monday.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Alotta.knittin said...

My heart goes out to you. You will be in my prayers. Hugs to you and Cartman.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

Sharon all of my thoughts and prayers are with you and Cartman. I love my boys so much I can't imagine what news like this would do to me. I know I'm a blog friend but if you need anything don't hesitate to email me. *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home