ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sheep Motif Blanket DONE- the reason for swearing off intarsia

Minus a good blocking and sans the grass tufts, the demented sheep are done and sent out to pasture. No pun intended.
Pattern: Sheep Motif Blanket
Source: Vogue Knitting Baby Blankets Two
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Cotton in sage, Berocco Plush in Black and White
Needles: Size 9 circular
Started: August 30, 2007
Finished: October 20, 2007
Recipient: friend Ruth's future baby
Modifications: Chose to use washable cotton for said friend who is allergic to wool and acrylics. I also passed on the grass tufts in front of each sheep. The yarn is so nubby that you couldn't see the tufts so I decided to leave them out. I also varied the sheep slightly aside from the black sheep that was already part of the pattern. I made some a little longer, or chunkier, or gave them a white tail instead of black.
A close-up of my demented-looking sheep. These look just like the pattern in the book and I used the extact yarn called for except the background. I suppose the lack of detail do to the fuzziness of the yarn distorts my image of what I think they should look like. Nevertheless, after one meeeeeeeellion ends to weave in they are done.
You won't see any intarsia at Chez Knitballs for awhile. It was just one of those projects that I was excited to give but the process wasn't as fun as some other things I've knit in the past because I had a hard time getting over not enjoying the technique aspect. I can't help but anticipate my first fairy god-baby so I am reasonably excited to add to the gift pile of knitted and bought items.
This this end-weaving FO was brought to you for my need to take a break from plastic canvas santas for the SIL's craft show. *waves to Tammy*. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and this was about all I could muster up for productive. It was making me crazy that this was sitting here done for two weeks simple waiting on some woven in ends. I took some time yesterday to get this one off the plate. I feel like I've been doing a doggy paddle lately so at least I feel I've accomplished something.
Up next: Christening gown. Yes, I was asked to knit the christening gown for which I have fretted over for months. In my sick perfectionism, it has to be absolutely perfect down the last detail as I am really honored to be asked to do this. I took about 3 different patterns I found and I mixed my favorite details into one. I'm almost done with the skirt, but I won't be posting progress pics of that until it is gifted in December. Let's face it, I don't remember what friends lurk this here blog. The blanket above is no surprise. It was requested after my friend fell in love with the sample hanging in my LYS. Two years later and now finally expecting, she did not forget this blanket.
Ok then, back to my building my Santa army for the craft show.
By the way, since blogger was down yesterday I couldn't wish Mom and "the pants" a very Happy Birthday. So many many more. Mommers is 60 as of yesterday and you could never tell. I can only hope that she's passed those genes on to her only child! In all seriousness, I wish you both a lifetime of health, happiness and good tidings to come.
Slán go fóill!

7 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

the blanket looks amazing! you're a great friend!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Mira said...

Blankie looks really cute!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

Ahhh the sheep look total not-demented hehehee. Seriously cute stuff there.

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, what a very, very cute blanket! I had to laugh when you wrote "demented sheep" - but no, this is the perfect sheep indeed, they're all ever so cute! What a wonderful gift this is!

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Thea said...

the meeeeelion ends were worth it. Those little sheep are adorable!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great job!!! the blanket looks just beautiful, I love everything about it. You are such a good friend. My hands are iching, I think I will have to make one soon!
Best Regards
Sabrina

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home