ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I am -ery, -ery -exed to be missing my - key

Confuse y'all? No I'm not speaking in any new language. This is what happens when you turn on your computer to find that your T U "yes this key" W X Y Z decided to crap out. I kid you not. Now, I am in the clinical research biz, so all day long I am forced with using some industry-standard -erbiage. Yeah you get the picture right? Ahem. "Source document -erification". "Monitoring -isit" Needless to say, I refuse to commute to my base office in Cranford, NJ and join the meeeeellion commuters on the parking lot known as the Garden State Parkway the day before a holiday. Oh helllll no. Fugetaboutit. Nope, it ain't happening. So I will without my T U blank XYZ key until Wednesday when I come back from holiday and go see my IT guy. I *heart* spellchecker.
On the knitting front, I appreciate all of your compliments regarding my Tilted Duster both on this blog and on Ravelry. I did start on another baby shower project called the "Crossover Jacket" from Debbie Bliss Simply Baby. (thank you again my beloved spellchecker). My friend is horribly allergic to wool and she's not a "handwash only" type of gal, so we went with practical. I don't mean practical in the sense of costly Debblie Bliss yarn that will be peed, pooped, and puked on. I am talking about old ironsides, Lionbrand Cotton-ease. Hands down, it is extremely practical for baby stuff.

Hello. I am soft and washable. Baby puke does not scare me.

I did forget to share one really important detail with you about a major purchase and commitment I made about a month ago. I was actually waiting until my package arrived to show you, but the next day all hell broke loose in the family (assorted issues, trust me), then Cartman's diagnosis, surgery, and by the time that was all said and done, I just never got around to posting it.

Check out my beauty. I am officially the proud owner of a 44 inch Celtic lever harp. The knot work is so pretty in person. In all my years of dabbling with various Celtic-related instruments and the piano, the harp was the one that always held a special place in my heart. I start lessons after Thanksgiving. I've been told all those years of piano will finally pay off. We shall see.

With that, I wish you all abundant blessings of health, family, and happiness this Thanksgiving. I know I am fortunate to have a roof over my head, more sweaters than anyone person should have, and food on my table. My prayers are with those who may not be so fortunate this holiday season. I have so much to be thankful for, especially in light of the most recent family happenings and dear Cartman's positive prognosis. Good tidings (and eatings) everyone.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

3 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sharon!! (BTW, I have a sticky key on my Blackberry - the "g" key - and it drives me nuts!!) But if that's the worst problem we have, we're doing OK (LOL).

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

LOL. you did pretty good job on the post, even without all those keys.

happy thanksgiving!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

OMG I am So. Freekin. Jealous. of the harp! I took harp lessons my last semester of my first master's and loved it. Always wanted to play harp as a kid too. Oddly enough. Anyway, hope you had a lovely holiday and are enjoying your new instrument!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home