ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Monday, December 03, 2007

We're off to see the Wizard, the wonderful wizard of ....ummm the O-Z?

I am usually the most critical of a re-make. I usually never like covers of songs or movies. Now this is no re-make, but the basic premise is there. For those of you that don't know, The Wizard of Oz is my all-time favorite movie. I am a huge fan of Judy Garland for both acting and singing. I have always adored Ray Bolger (Scarecrow). The Sci-Fi channel release a mini-series this week called "Tin Man". Folks, I watched Part I and II tonight. I.love.it.
photo courtesy of www.tv.com

Can I just say how much I like Alan Cumming anyway? Love his characters. He plays the quirky Scarecrow. Notice the zipper down his center part where his "brain" was removed.
photo courtesy of http://www.tv.com/
I found myself grinning catching the quirky references to the original book and movie. (I'm only like a total expert on WofOz trivia and knowledge. Useless, yes I know, but hey, it could win me a million on Jeopardy one day). I can't wait for Part III tomorrow! I don't usually watch much TV, but this one had me glued to the screen.
BTW, Saartje booties are done. I will post FO pics tomorrow. It got too dark to take a proper photograph tonight. It was so overcast and windy today.

2 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

I saw previews for this and wondered about it. Guess I should have Tivo'd it!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

The Wizard of Oz is my favourite movie too! I will have to ask my husband to download the episodes I missed. Thanks for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home