ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wow so much to tell..so much to tell

Let's start off with the first order of business, 2 FOs to talk about today. The first is the super secret blog-snooper project of September. It's Sairy's wedding shawl.


Pattern: Summer Lace Shawlette by Sandi Wiseheart (Interweave 2006)
Yarn: 3 balls of Plymouth Royal Bamboo
Needles: 10.5 Addi Turbos
The next FO was literally finished the night before the second day of Rhinebeck. (The first day I wore my Tilted Duster b/c I ruined my Silver Belle. More on that at a later date). I finished the sleeves and seamed the pocket. Voila! Instant FO.
Pattern: Wicked by the Zephry Girls


Yarn: 100purewool.com in colorway "poison". I love this yarn!


Needles: Size 6 Addis

As stated in the Rhinebeck poem, Sairy and I bought Schacht Ladybugs and Lazy Kates as evidenced below.
I bought some pencil roving to practice my drafting technique. Now I playing with plying. Here is the BFL pencil roving.

But now I am on to some fluffy, soft salmon colored merino. Yeah! Sorry for the blurry picture.
I can't tell you how much I adore the fall. I love apples, pumpkins, the colors, the slight nip in the air. This is my season for sure. Sugar Maples are my favorite trees followed closely by Japanese Stewartias. Why do I love Acer Saccharum so much? Take a look.
The best part of the weekend was the once in a lifetime photo the hubs let me take of him on my spinning wheel. Would anyone like to clone him? He did pretty good too. He's very supportive of my crafty endeavors, although my excitement over all things fiber cracks him up a bit.
As of tomorrow evening, I will be on a plane to Disney with my SIL, Tammy (aka KubusKrafts) to see my godson, Andrew, friends, Ruth and Joanne, family and later in the week, my friend, Wendy. We are going to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on Sunday. Bet you can guess what I am going as this year, huh? Was I too obvious? LOL.


YAAARRRRRRRRRRR Have a good week all!
(P.S. I'll tell Cap'n Jack you said hi)

7 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm bringing my wheel next time we get together-your merino looks awesome! I think I ruined mine. Autumn is the best time of year. I love the colours and smells of fall best.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger KubusKrafts said...

I'm too excited to sleep!

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't let your husband get too comfortable in front of that wheel ... that can be dangerous!

Your spinning is looking great, though--you should be proud!

And--what happened to Silver Belle???

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

Love the shawl and your new sweater! And look at you, you're a spinning fiend already. :) Have a great vacation!!!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Kim said...

YOur spinning is looking great! You're a total natural at it. Wicked turned out awesome. That's a sweater I must knit sometime. So simple and versatile. Enjoy FL and being a pirate!

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Love Wicked and the Shawlette!! I'm afraid to find out what happened to Silver Belle- yikes!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

you are a busy woman! That shawl is lovely! I love fall too! have fun at Disney land, try to sneak a kiss from Cap'n Jack for me, will ya? ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home