ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The timeliness of two long-awaited Finished Objects

Well I can no longer call him the "soon-to-be kidling". I proudly announce the arrival of the most anticipated FO of the year......kidling Andrew is fully-baked and plumped to perfection. He arrived at 7:30 exactly one day before he was scheduled to arrive. I got the phone call around 11 this morning from my friend's mom in Iowa. My friend's back has been in bad shape since I've known her so they decided to completely put her out for the C-section. I heard he is gorgeous and has the cutest baby butt ever. Don't they all? Grandma was simply giddy.
So with the timeliness of Mr. Andrew's early arrival, I have another promised FO to share with you. I finished all my super-picky tweeking and got down to pictures earlier. Here it is....Andrew's christening gown.

Click to enlarge for better detail on all pictures.
Pattern: Heavily modified version of the Love and Kisses Christening gown by Judy Lamb.
Yarn: 10 balls of Plymouth Royal Bamboo in an antique white
Needles- size 5 addis
Started: October 2007
Finished: January 8, 2008
Recipient: My new fairy-god baby, Andrew, born today, January 9, 2008

Mods: Tons. No heart motifs. I modified the cables, the neck, sleeves, and upper body significantly to suit my and mama's tastes. Overall, I am thrilled with the project and honored my friend asked me to do this.
Here is the back view complete with a little butt bow and 3 delicate pearl buttons. My apologies on the photos but it is so hard to photograph white on my camera. I had to go outside and hope for the best.
Close-up of the back
Close-up of the cables
More close-ups of the skirt cables
And the booties to go with the gown that I presented back at the baby shower in December. These are the infamous, Saartje's booties.
I never had siblings or babies around as a kid so I can honestly admit he scares me a bit. I don't have any kids of my own.
Letter to Andrew:
Well kiddo, you know I love you already. I'm really excited to finally meet you. In fact, I'm tearing-up writing your first letter to you. You mom is a good lady and you'll just love her. She's been waiting for you for a long time so she is really happy you are here now.
I can't wait to take you fishing and have you come visit your fun Auntie and Uncle in New Jersey. We'll have such a great time together. Maybe we'll even stay up a little later than mom allows and play games or read a book. Shhh don't tell your mama. Although I did promise your mom, I wouldn't sugar you up and then send you home to her. Heheheh.
I'm about to learn anything and everything that I ever need to learn about babies from you. I promise I am a quick learner. So you are my teacher. Please be gentle...and if at all possible, can you go easy on me with the colicky bit?
Love always,
Your Auntie Sharona

5 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Its lovely! Get pictures of it on him. I'm sure he is super adorable.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger monkeybusiness said...

Yeah! Congratulations on becoming a Godmother! Those Saartje booties are the cutest, aren't they? A friend of my roommate is due to have a baby in a few weeks and it's the perfect excuse for me to get to make a pair. :)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Congrats. I am sure he is just as beautiful as the gown you knit him.

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

It's beautiful! You're going to be a wonderful Auntie !

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger R a i n said...

Oh congratulations! He looks adorable and the gown is perfect!!

You're Sharon: Super Aunt!!

=D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home