ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Yarn Pr0n and a little post-Christmas stuff to show

Firstly, let me just say damn Starbucks and their Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha 5 meeeelllion calorie crack in a cup. *sigh* Because of them, I bought this....
Meet my highly-caffeinated friend here. I was toying with the idea of getting one for about a month...yes, she who never drank coffee. Well I succumbed and moved over to the dark side. This is a Krups dual-function pump espresso and 10 cup carafe coffee machine. Why dual? Well I could more or less justify this with "the pants" as he likes just regular brewed Kona coffee. Also, "the 'rents" aren't too big into espresso so the hot tea function or regular coffee function works well. Let's just say I look at the world through a whole new set of well-caffeinated eyes.

This is the Christmas present from my patient husband who doesn't say boo about me knitting all the time. This is the infamous Alice Starmore's Aran Knitting. He's a good man isn't he? This was removed the Hennepin County Library at some point in time and my husband bought it off of Amazon. It still has a sign out card in it. It seems to make the book more special like a library book I can never part with and incur a ginormous fine. It has a little stamp on it for when it was officially removed from the library. It was like their unwanted, unloved trash, but now my precious knitting treasure.
Being the smart man he is, he knows I've been wanting to knit this for a long time, sans the fringe. This would be the infamous, St. Brigid, who by the way, is my favorite Celtic goddess of all time also along with Morrigan and Rhiannon (welsh actually).

Photo courtesy of Alice Starmore's Aran Knitting

And this one....Fulmar.

Photo courtesy of Alice Starmore's Aran Knitting

Next on the agenda? The yarn of course! I wouldn't let you down, would I?
So my friend, the blogless, Kelley and I ordered some Peruvian Highland Chunky in Harvest Heather from Elann to make this....
Photo courtesy of Patons Street Smart

We've been coveting this one for awhile now. This is our new KAL together. This is the first new project of 2008.

Next on the agenda. Some Cascade 128 I never blogged about. Yeah, I know. I've been holding out on you, haven't I?

I bought about 6 hanks to make this.....

Photo courtesy of http://www.garnstudio.com/

I loved this quick knit since the moment I saw it a few years ago and never found the right chocolate brown to make it. I'm not a fan of the garnstudio Eskimo.


Lastly, some Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed that I bought on sale at The Woolly Lamb. It's a nice robin's egg blue color.

I have about 11 skeins that I bought to make the Sunrise Circle Jacket.


Last on the list, let me share a little knitterly gift from my SIL. Check this out. It's a s'mores and it's knitting.

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Blogger Thea said...

Some cool designs and some great yarn - looks like if you drink all the coffee, you might be awake longe enough to do 'em all before Feb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home