ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Yes, I am a sucky blogger.....but I have finished objects so I can't be THAT bad, right?

So after being gone for like the last 6 weeks, my mad travels between work and personal are finally coming to an end. Phew! Right now, I am two days shy of ending my business training in San Francisco and slumping like a tired heap in front of my spinning wheel, where I would rather be right now.
I'm going to fore go the vacation photos for this post to bring you FOs. First up is my Mom's Birthday sweater, the Lush and Lacy Cardigan. That's my Mom in her new sweater below.

Pattern: Lush and Lacey Cardigan by SweaterBabe
Yarn: 7 balls of yarn from India in a toffee color
Needles: Size 10 addis
Started: April 29, 2008 and then on hold until closer to her birthday
Finished: October 19, 2008
Mods: None. Mom loves her sweater. I did use clasps instead of buttons.


Second FO is the birthday cupcake. I made this for my MIL when I saw it on Ravelry. She happened to be celebrating her birthday this week. (Don't worry her sweater is coming along nicely too, but sssssh).
Pattern: Cupcake by Eva McDonald
Started: November 7, 2008
Finished: November 7, 2008
Mods: I did an extra two increased from the the bottom to the frosting to give it more of a heavily-frosted look. This is a quick, fun little project.
On another note, I started a new sock. Surprised? You should be. The sock mojo is back, yo. I started the Nutkin socks out of some pumpkin-colored Koigu.


Believe it or not, I have knitting-related content from my Disney trip also. I present the biggest honkin' ball of yarn I've ever seen. This was in front of Australia and New Zealand in Epcot during the Disney Food and Wine Festival.

Would you believe I walked past these ginormous yarn balls AT LEAST three times before spotting them through the crowds. Yeah, that is surprising to me too. Is that a snarky look on my face or what holding up my pet sock there?

I have also been playing with my Ladybug. I bought a ball of salmon-colored merino top at Rhinebeck and got this out of it. It's loosely spun and plied, but I am still getting the whole tension thing.
So then we moved on to Zarzuela's DC Sunrise and voila! We have about a fingering weight here. I started plying it before I left on Sunday for San Francisco, but didn't take any pictures yet.


There was a brief spinning sabbatical at my house on November 2nd. 3 little ladybugs sitting in the room....S-P-I-double N-I-N-G. Yep. Good times had by all. That's Sairy and Zarzuela (Jessica) sitting in my living room with me spinning away. Cartman sat there helpless and wanting attention.

Alright folks, I am outie. It's the equivalent of almost 3AM for me at home and I am fading fast. See you on Saturday and I promise the Disney and SanFran pics will be posted over two posts this weekend.

6 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Thea said...

welcome back - mom looks happy in her sweater, lovely job! Enjoy your last day(s) in SF ---

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your mom's sweater! And as for the pumpkin-colored koigu, that's my favorite color. Those socks will be beautiful.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Bea said...

The sweater is awesome! The socks are a lovely lovely orange. I heart orange.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Your Mom's sweater looks perfect!! Fantastic job!! Love the cupcake too. :) I have apparently turned you into a spinning fool. ;) Yay!!!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Robin said...

Love Lush & Lacy - your mom looks great in it!!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Kim said...

We missed being in San Fran at the same time by a couple days. Enjoy and get your ass to Artfibers on Sutter Str. They're closing in Jan and lots of yarn on sale. Love all your FOs. Nothing like orange Koigu to revive the sock mojo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home