ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

And now we are going to go back about a month and talk about Halloween. LOL. Yeah I still have not showed you any Disney pictures yet. I suck.
So anyway, you all know my SIL and I went to Disney for the Not So Scary Halloween party, right? Well, as with all of our trips, the usually giddy stuff happens once we officially go into vacation mode at the airport.
And then by the time we sit down, the crafting comes out. That would be my Nutkin sock. Tammy had her snowmen with her to work on for the upcoming craft show.

After rolling into bed at 2AM when we arrived, we hit Epcot on the first day for the Food and Wine Festival. This is my favorite time to go to Disney. It's not ungodly hot, everything is decorated for the Fall, and I can eat/drink my way around the world. Not so bad right?

First things first. I had some unfinished business to attend to. We ran to Norway so I could redo my picture with the giant troll that I took in Feb when my camera was stolen. I love me some troll.

Then give two girls on no sleep frosty alchoholic beverages, caffeine, and a captive camera man and well....you see, we are very fun. :-)
We have fun regardless. The Disney high and tasty beverages just make it MORE fun.

This is the face of a very happy little girl below. I have my Moroccan food and I patiently wait to hear Mo'Rockin' in...shocker...Morocco.

My super-duper SIL videoed the entire performance while I happily stuffed my face with North African goodies. Nirvana.

The next day we headed to the Magic Kingdom for the Halloween party. I love the way they decorate for the Fall.

Of course, me and thousands of others dressed up for the occasion. Arrrgh! Fetch me rum ye swashbucklers!

Later that evening, we sat for the parade. I had "Boo to You" stuck in my head for two weeks following the parade. It's Disney and it's catchy.

The float below is one of my favorites. It's the hitchhiking ghosts from the Haunted Mansion ride.
These are supposed to be the ballroom dancing ghosts in the dining room scene of the ride.
The coolest part were the gravediggers. They use shovels as a prop and scraped them across the concrete causing bright orange sparks.

This is Jack Skellington on a giant disco ball. Can I tell how much I love Halloween here? I love villains. I echo my SIL in that I was never a princess person. I always liked the Evil Queen or Cruella, Ursala.

Next we are on to my FAVORITE part...the pirates. I happened to catch Barbosa in there too which I wasn't expecting. He was um...very good in the part. wow.


YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! That's captain. Captain Jack Sparrow. *rolls eyes*

Tammy was very excited for this rare treat. Snow White and all Seven Dwarfs! You usually only see her with Dopey. And I met my very first, not so scary clown. Isn't Eyore adorable? I hate clowns, but how could be afraid of a sulky, melancholy donkey?


We had an awesome time as evidenced by the smiles here.
We also got to spend a little time with the kidling when he wasn't spiking a fever of 102. I kid you not.


hehehehe that's mah boy.


After Disney, I went to visit a bestest buddy in St. Pete and got to spend Samhain with her just like old times. (Yes, we left the plate of food out too for All Souls. If you want more info on this custom, go to my October 2007 archive). While there I was introduced to two new friends, and this guy. Meet Scrumpy. Isn't he a doll? He is a friend's newest rescue bully.


Of course, Nesa was none too thrilled over the attention Scrumpy was getting. She got over it. Nesa is my friend, Wendy's bullie.

As well as this cutie. She even tolerated us putting the little clip on horns on her for her Halloween costume. Kind of scary how they actually look like they are coming out of her head, huh?

And then there is Moo-Moo, the wonder kitteh. If it wasn't for the good care of some fabulous people, she might not be here right now looking so healthy. She has kidney failure and was diagnosed while we were in Ireland in April. She's had a rough year, but she is doing great now.

Ok well I'm going back to clean my pots and pans after cooking today. Have a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving. I am certainly very thankful for the extended family of friends met through this blog, Ravelry, and Plurk.
Believe it or not, as busy as work has been, I have lots of knitting and pinning content to speak of next week. Some I can't speak of, but you can catch me on Ravelry to see what I am working on for the super-secret snoopers of the blog.

4 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger KubusKrafts said...

We had a great time! Thanks so much for posting the great pictures! We just look like we are up to no good in all of them. I had a lot of fun hanging with my favorite SIL. :)

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger R a i n said...

Wow, you always know how to have a great time!

I live vicariously through you ;)

Here's to many more fun adventures!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Disney looks like it was so much fun! I've never been to any sort of Disney thing, but your adventures look like they rock.

You know I love those bulldogs. My they are cute. As are the other animals.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Looks like such a fun time! You're making me want to go back to Disney sometime soon. Especially since the boy has never been. ;)

Puppies and kitties! Love!! :)

Hope work slows down soon. See you this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home