ImageChef Custom Images

'Cause sometimes I even surprise the knit out of myself.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Almost Wordless Wednesday- Ye Mera India, I love my India

Kinna sona des hai mera...

How beautiful my country is...

Dhartii sunaharii a.mbar niila

Golden earth and blue sky,

dhartii sunaharii a.mbar niila har mausam ra.ngiila

golden earth and blue sky, every season brilliantly colored

aisa des hai mera ho aisa des hai mera...

that's what my country is like...

bole papiiha koyal gaa'e

The cuckoos cry out;

bole papiiha koyal gaa'e saawan girke aa'ethe

cuckoos cry out and down comes the rain. aisa des hai mera ho aisa des hai mera...

That's what my country is like... gehuu.n ke kheto.n me.n ka.nghii jo kare.n hawaa'e.n

When the breezes comb through the fields of wheat,
ra.ng bira.ngii kitnii chunariyaa.n uR uR jaa'e.na
rainbow of scarves go flying.
pa.nghaT par panhaaran jab gagrii bharne aaye
While the farm girls come to fill their pots at the well,
madhur madhur taano.n me.n kahii.n ba.nsi koii bajaaye lo sun lo
someone plays the flute in a sweet, soft melody: listen!
qadam qadam pe hai mil jaanii...
At every step, you encounter...
qadam qadam pe hai mil jaanii koii prem kahaaniiat
every step, you encounter a love story. aisa des hai mera ho aisa des hai mera

That's what my country is like...

baap ke ka.ndhe chaRHke jahaa.n bachche dekhe mele

where children watch festivals from atop their fathers' shoulders,
melo.n me.n naTke tamaashe kulfii ke chaat ke thaile
festivals full of dance, spectacle, and delicious food.
kahii.n miltii miiTHii golii kahii.n chuuran kii hai puRiyaa

Here you might get a sweet dessert; there, a salty snack.

bhole bhole bachche hai.n jaise guDDe aur guRiyaa.n

The innocent children are like dolls,
aur inko roz sunaa'e.n daadii-naanii
and every day, their grandmothers...
roz sunaa'e.n daadii-naanii ek pariyo.n kii kahaanii
every day, their grandmothers read them fairy tales.
aisa des hai mera ho aisa des hai mera
That's what my country is like.
mere des me.n mahamaano.n ko bhagwaan kahaa jaata hai

In my country, visitors are considered gods;
ho yahii.n ka ho jaata hai jo kahii.n se bhii aata hai

you're made at home no matter where you come from.
tere des ko mai.n ne dekha tere des ko mai.n ne jaana...

I've seen your country; I've gotten to know it...
jaane kyo.n yeh lagta hai mujhko jaana pahachaana


I don't know why, but it seems so familiar to me;
yahaa.n kii vahii shaam hai vahii savera



The same evening, the same sort of sunrise...
yahaa.n kii vahii shaam hai vahii savera aisa hii des hai mera



The evenings and the dawns in my country
jaisa des hai tera jaisa des hai tera jaisa des hai tera
are just like those in yours. aisa des hai mera

This is what my country is like.

jaisa des hai mera

It's just like mine.


aisa des hai mera

This is what my country is like.

jaisa des hai mera

It's just like mine.

6 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger The Kelly Green Rogue said...

beautiful!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Thats just lovely.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Robin said...

Wow! India looks like a beautiful country. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow - that looks like an amazing trip. And so beautiful. Must have been very hard to leave.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger "Alma mi y yo" said...

Your contry is beautiful!!
I wish I could go one of this days!

hugs
Sabry

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, now I want to go there! it is so beautiful (and I love the dresses!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home